Senior Talent Acquisition Officer
Talent – Talent Acquisition /
Who We Are
Komaza is revolutionizing African forestry by unlocking the potential for small-scale farmers to serve booming wood markets. By combining high-scale operations with digital intelligence, we are currently planting commercial-grade forests at a rate of over 1 million trees with 5,000+ new farmers per year, making us Kenya’s largest industrial tree planter. We hold the only sustainable blueprint for meeting Africa’s $30B wood supply crisis - by leveraging farmers’ contribution of land and labor, Komaza can access nearly limitless land and establish a hectare of trees for far less than big plantations.
We have been recognized with numerous awards and investments, including The Climate Policy Initiative, The Nature Conservancy, Forbes, and Novastar Ventures.
About the Team
People are at the core of what we do and are a top strategic priority for Komaza. Our Talent Acquisition department is responsible for sourcing, attracting, identifying, and recruiting top talent across all functional areas and levels of the company. Komaza is planning to double our team over the next twelve months, and likely grow four-fold in the next three years. To fuel this growth, Komaza is building a strong in-house recruiting team and comprehensive recruitment pipeline. The Talent Acquisition Team will be working to attract the very best talent Kenya and the world has to offer, and effectively evaluate cultural and technical fit of candidates for roles across the company.
The Senior Talent Acquisition Officer is responsible for supporting our recruitment process from start to finish and all the operational tasks that facilitate the smooth running of the Talent Acquisition department. You are a highly energetic, problem-solving, organized planner who can manage several work streams at the same time, and is willing to work whatever hours and times are needed to get things done. You’ll assist other recruiters, hiring teams and candidates so the hiring process can run smoothly. Ultimately, you’ll play a part in our company to source and hire the top talent for our open roles. If you’re enthusiastic about the world of recruiting, tech-savvy and an excellent communicator, we’d like to meet you.
Location: The role can be based either in Kilifi or Nairobi, Kenya
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field e.g. Human Resource Management or Social Sciences.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, demanding environment of a fast-growth company
- At least 3+ years of work experience in recruitment is an added advantage.
Post jobs adverts on professional job sites and other relevant job boards
Conduct candidate sourcing efforts such as headhunting or reaching out to prospective candidates
Conduct screening resumes and run initial tests for shortlisting purpose
Communicate with candidates promptly and assist them when they come in for on-site interviews
Conduct reference checks
Promote positive candidate experience throughout the hiring process
- Support planning of recruitment events such as Komaza days in Kilifi and our Satellite offices such as accommodation reservation, reserving meeting rooms and placing lunch orders
- Support recruitment administrative functions: filing receipts with finance, sourcing venues and/or resources, etc.
- Support onboarding of incoming staff by organizing accommodation and relocation logistics
- Send and answer basic candidate communications (e.g. recruitment process/ timelines, etc.)
- Organize and engage with diverse staff and candidates to coordinate recruitment-related activities and events
- Keep detailed and up-to-date records of talent acquisition projects and data
What you have:
- MS / Google skills (PPT, Excel, Word)
- Managed submission of finances / receipts
- Strong communication skills (Written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible with the drive to do whatever necessary to get the job done
- Self-directed and intellectually curious; you know how and when to seek feedback in the pursuit of continuous improvement
- Eager to learn new things
- A collaborative problem solver who seeks the opinions of other teammates and departments in the development of creative and sustainable systems