Senior Analyst, Customer Security Assurance (Remote)
United States /
Engineering – Security /
Are you ready to power the World's connections?
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
About the role:
As Senior Analyst - Customer Security Assurance, you will be the founding member of our new Customer Trust team responsible for building customer trust in Kong’s InfoSec and Compliance program. As a senior member of the Compliance team, you will partner with stakeholders across the organization to continuously improve Kong’s security control environment and provide assurance to customers. This is a highly visible customer facing role with direct impact on Kong’s commercial opportunities. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a high growth, fast paced and easily adjusts to rapid changes in environment.
Why should you want to work at Kong?
Market Opportunity - We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
- APIs are driving innovation across every industry!
- Strong VC team, Series D, strong year over year revenue growth!
Technical Leadership - We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
- Marco, our CTO/co-founder - “We are the Cisco of L4 and L7” - CUBE Conversation, March 2021
- We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
Amazing Team & Culture - Come be a "Konger" and find out what we mean.
- Great Place to Work Certified in 2020 & 2021
- Kong employees discuss our culture at our 2020 Company Kickoff
Building Great Products - Learn why the world's largest companies love our tech!
What you'll be doing:
- Act as a single point of contact for all go-to-market related security inquiries.
- Partner closely with various internal teams and subject matter experts to maintain an accurate knowledge base of Kong’s Infosec and Compliance program to efficiently and effectively address customer inquiries about Kong’s security posture.
- Manage responses to customer enquiries, including contributing to Request for Proposals (RFP), Request for Information (RFI), automating responses to customer security enquiries via OneTrust QRA and diligence assessments.
- Develop customer facing security documentation in the form of security white papers, shared customer responsibility matrix, diligence documentation and more based on customer requests.
- Partner closely with Sales organization supporting the sales engagement lifecycle which includes customer security enquiries.
- Collaborate closely with rest of the Infosec and Compliance organization to ensure that relevant customer expectations are communicated to the respective parties in a timely manner.
- And any additional tasks required by manager.
What we look for in you (Job Requirements)
- Extensive experience within InfoSec, Compliance, and Privacy.
- Experience in partnering with sales enablement and field sales teams on responding to customer security inquiries.
- Experience in managing and working with internal cross-functional teams and product engineering groups.
- Strong knowledge of certification and attestation requirements like ISO 27001:2013, SOC2, HiTrust, PCI DSS.
- Experience in a fast-paced product startup environment, especially in the software or SaaS space.
- Solid knowledge of privacy compliance regulations like GDPR, CCPA, LGPD.
- Solid understanding of cloud controls and environments within AWS.
- Strong practical solutions in IT, InfoSec and Compliance, risk management and information security principles including access control, asset control, network security, change management, information security architecture, information security operations, and leading practices and associated tools.
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, critical thinking and project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong engagement skills (internal and external).
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
What is a Konger?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.