GRC Analyst - (Remote)
United States /
Engineering – Security /
Are you ready to power the World's connections?
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
About the role:
The GRC Analyst is responsible for the execution, facilitation, implementation, operation, and maintenance of Governance, Risk & Compliance efforts to support our Information Security and Compliance goals and objectives. The role will be heavily focused on supporting audits for the company certification programs, managing 3rd party risk management programs, performing internal audits as well as supporting the field team on security compliance related matters.
A successful candidate for this role will be a strong communicator who excels at explaining complex compliance requirements to diverse audiences (across varying technical and business backgrounds) in a way that fosters understanding and ownership. Innovation, creativity and strategic thinking are key qualifications, as this role will assist business and technical partners in designing scalable, sustainable approaches to satisfying our regulatory requirements.
The ability to build influence and evangelize for new initiatives among stakeholders in multiple organizations will be an essential driver for success, as will an unflappable demeanor and grace under pressure. This role will work with the business at all organizational layers, so it will be important to demonstrate flexibility in approach, communication style and depth of understanding.
Why should you want to work at Kong?
Market Opportunity - We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
- APIs are driving innovation across every industry!
- Strong VC team, Series D, strong year over year revenue growth!
Technical Leadership - We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
- Marco, our CTO/co-founder - “We are the Cisco of L4 and L7” - CUBE Conversation, March 2021
- We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
Amazing Team & Culture - Come be a "Konger" and find out what we mean.
- Great Place to Work Certified in 2020 & 2021
- Kong employees discuss our culture at our 2020 Company Kickoff
Building Great Products - Learn why the world's largest companies love our tech!
- Over 250m+ downloads of our open source API gateway! Over 40k+ stars on Github between Kong API and Kong Insomnia!
What you'll be doing:
- Provide support to the field team by assisting on security questionnaire processes.
- Proactively identify gaps or conflicts in existing processes as key members of the internal audit team to develop solutions with internal business partners.
- Assist with and drive remediation of control deficiencies and gaps identified internally and externally.
- Assist with external 3rd party audits, customer assessments, and perform vendor security risk review.
- And any additional tasks required by manager.
What you'll bring:
- 1-3 years experience in assisting in security and privacy controls, supporting field team for control assessments, including but not limited to scope planning, defining control procedures based on requirements, policies and standards, control testing, mapping issues to risks.
- Solid knowledge of and experience in security risk management and with frameworks including related regulatory compliance requirements (e.g., SOC, SOX, HITRUST, NIST 800-53, FedRAMP, PCI) required.
- Strong ability to define, drive and execute a program vision, strategy, approach and milestones in alignment with organization priorities and initiatives.
- Passionate about policies, processes and documentation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
What is a Konger?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.