Senior Software Engineer - Konnect - Fullstack (Remote or SF)
Distributed or Flexible /
Engineering – Engineering /
Are you ready to power the World's connections?
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
Follow us on LinkedIn for more “Life at Kong” nuggets! 2020 Kong Summit Highlight Video
About the role:
Powering connections to build a reliable digital world - Kong Enterprise is deployed in companies around the world that need performant, reliable, and scalable services in front of their APIs. Key applications in this offering include Kong Manager, for configuring and monitoring the proxy, and Kong Developer Portal, for publishing API documentation and managing developer experience.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement and maintain our Fullstack web applications, as well as related services, including but not limited to authorization, search, and various persistence services.
- Design, implement and maintain the APIs for those services as well as the user-facing APIs for Konnect applications.
- Write automated tests to ensure code quality.
- Work as an integral part of an agile software development team to build features end-to-end.
- Support those features in the Konnect production environment by participating in an on-call rotation.
- And any additional tasks required by manager
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years experience building Fullstack enterprise web applications
- Experience designing and developing microservices and APIs.
- Experience in data modeling and usage of relational and NoSQL databases.
- Experience designing and implementing distributed systems.
- Proficiency with git and Github workflows.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- You have built SaaS, enterprise software, or developer tools
- You are familiar with supporting large-scale applications
- You have built or collaborated on a component library
What is a Konger? (see our company values below…)
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.