Full Stack Engineer - Developer Portal
San Francisco, CA
Engineering – Engineering
Are you ready to join the API revolution?
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining features on the Kong Developer Portal. You will be expected to contribute across multiple layers of the application stack.
This position is at Kong headquarters in San Francisco.
- Working with designers and product to develop features that customers will use to scale and document their services
- Maintaining and extend the Kong API to support application features
- Writing automated tests to ensure behavior of code and avoid regressions
- Collaborating to maintain the CI/CD systems to deliver solutions that scale
- Using a variety of programming languages, systems, and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end
- 3-5 years working in a team to develop and deploy web technologies for a user-facing product and/or web applications
- Experience writing and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience modeling data in Relational and No-SQL databases
- Comfortable with source control workflows (git, github, etc...)
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills -- engineers at Kong write the documentation for their products
- Lua, NGINX, and/or Lapis
- Active open source contributions
- NoSQL database modeling and performance tuning
- Designing and building software deployed on premises
- Experience building scalable frontend components
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field