Staff Software Engineer in Test - Konnect (Remote or SF)
United States /
Engineering – Engineering /
Are you ready to power the World's connections?
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
Follow us on LinkedIn for more “Life at Kong” nuggets! 2020 Kong Summit Highlight Video
About the role:
The Staff Software Engineer in Test is an integral part of the scrum team, participating in all sprint activities and contributing to the overall quality of the finished feature by being involved from the earliest stages of design and development through verification, deployment, and production support.
What you'll be doing:
- Evaluate existing testing tools and test suite, develop and execute on plan for continuously increasing coverage and decreasing test execution time.
- Establish best practices for testing and evangelize them across the team and engineering organization.
- Design and implement test automation harness as part of continuous integration pipeline.
- Design test cases and execute all types of testing (e.g. functional, integration, end-to-end, security, and performance, both manual and automated) Own quality metrics, including code coverage, for the scrum team.
- Make recommendations for appropriate quality goals.
- Participate in on-call rotation to support the applications you test
What you'll bring:
- Functional testing experience, including defining test strategy, test planning, test case design, execution, and reporting.
- Expertise with automated testing tools and strategies.
- Understanding of web application structure and potential "soft spots"
- Awareness of common web security vulnerabilities and how to test for them
- API testing (RESTful, gRPC preferred)
- Microservice testing.
- Experience measuring and testing quality for a high-availability PaaS or SaaS offering
What is a Konger? (see our company values below…)
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.