Senior Software Engineer - Insomnia - (Remote or SF)
Distributed or Flexible /
Engineering – Engineering /
Are you ready to power the World's connections?
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
Follow us on LinkedIn for more “Life at Kong” nuggets! 2020 Kong Summit Highlight Video
About the role:
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will be responsible for building new features and tooling for Insomnia, the incredibly powerful and open source API client. This position is available to remote workers and at Kong Headquarters in San Francisco.
What you'll be doing:
- Deliver high quality code in a React.js presentation layer
- Build and use APIs to power innovative features into Insomnia
- Write automated tests to ensure behavior of code and avoid regressions
- Work as an integral part of a small, geographically distributed agile software development team to build features end-to-end
- And any additional tasks required by manager
What you'll bring:
- 3-6 years working in a team to develop and deploy web applications
- Comfortable with deploying React code into production environments
- Knowledge of the browser networking stack
- Experience writing and consuming RESTful and GraphQL APIs
- Experience with data modeling in relational databases
- Comfortable with git and Github workflows
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills -- engineers at Kong write the documentation for their products
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience with our technology stack, including: React, Electron, Golang and Postgres
- Designing and building software in the cloud and on prem
- Working with remote team members
- Experience contributing to open source software
What is a Konger? (see our company values below…)
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
Global - We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger. We seek to understand different points of view and their implications on work.
Real - We are genuine, principled and confident without an attitude. We seek to understand our own strengths and vulnerabilities. We understand the effect of external factors on ourselves and we manage our own emotions and understand the effect they have on other people.
Unstoppable - We are biased towards action and decision, we persevere and always go the extra mile. We understand how to prioritize and work with urgency and focus. We are self-motivated and exhibit a high personal drive.
Champion - We listen and speak up for customers, community, partners and each other. We have an ability to provide feedback that is specific, constructive and fact-based. We listen, are able to receive feedback without taking it personally and we look at our own performance in order to improve.
Explorer - We challenge the status quo by discovering, innovating, failing fast and learning. We are self-directing and use creativity when solving problems that may be complex and ambiguous. We are adaptable, able to navigate and solve problems, especially in times of rapid change and high-ambiguity.