Senior Staff Technical Support Engineer
Engineering – Technical Support Engineering /
Are you ready to power the World's connections?
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
About the role:
You will be working at a hectic and fast paced Startup as an engineer in the Technical Support Engineering (TSE) team. This team is responsible for assisting Kong customers in resolving complex technical issues in production and pre-production environments.
You will have the opportunity to work with your teammates and our customers to support many new, leading-edge technologies that solve real challenges. You will work to provide robust feedback and guidance to our Product and Engineering teams while being a voice for our customers, community, partners and the customer success team.. You want to make our customers and partners successful while strengthening their relationship with Kong. You can make a huge impact and have real ownership for the work you do.
Why should you want to work at Kong?
Market Opportunity - We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
Why APIs Matter? APIs have been enabling innovation for decades!
Strong VC team, Series D, strong year over year revenue growth!
Technical Leadership - We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
Marco, our CTO/co-founder - “We are the Cisco of L4 and L7” - CUBE Conversation, March 2021
We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
Amazing Team & Culture - Come be a "Konger" and find out what we mean.
Great Place to Work Certified in 2020 & 2021
Kong employees exemplify our culture at our 2022 Sales Kickoff
Building Great Products - Learn why the world's largest companies love our tech!
What you'll be doing:
- Working with top developers from around the world; helping to implement Kong Products and Technologies including our API Gateway and ServiceMesh solutions
- Leading the investigation of complex technical puzzles and working collaboratively to understand and resolve customer issues
- Creating knowledge articles to compliment our documentation and enable customers to better understand product use cases
- Be the champion of our customers by providing real-time feedback to Kong about product performance and customer needsAssisting other customer facing teams including Education, Technical Account Managers with critical issues and ensuring all solutions and concepts we present are done with a single voice
- Be a driver of innovation within the support team, the company and with our customers, by looking for better ways to do the work we do, improve the tools we use and the how we raise the bar on the service we deliver to our Global 5000 customers
What you bring:
- You are a voracious learner, who loves to dig into technical mysteries and have the creativity to solve complex technical problems
- You can build relationships with like-minded teammates, smart customers, and global partners
- Some of the skills that you will regularly use include:REST and RESTful APIs
- Coding skills- (at a minimum read and troubleshoot code)
- Containers, cluster deployment and management tools like Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes and others
- You know your way around web architectures including HTTP
- 8+ years of experience in a customer facing technical role
- Familiarity with DNS, Linux/Unix type systems and/or databases
What is a Konger?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.
Kong is THE cloud native API platform with the fastest, most adopted API gateway in the world (over 300m downloads!). Loved by developers and trusted with enterprises’ most critical traffic volumes, Kong helps startups and Fortune 500 companies build with confidence – allowing them to bring solutions to market faster with API and service connectivity that scales easily and securely.
83% of web traffic today is API calls! APIs are the connective tissue of the cloud and the underlying technology that allows software to talk and interact with one another. Therefore, we believe that APIs act as the nervous system of the cloud. Our audacious mission is to build the nervous system that will safely and reliably connect all of humankind!
For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.