Senior Software Engineer, SRE (Remote) - EMEA
Engineering – Site Reliability Engineering /
Are you ready to power the World's connections?
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but are still interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box - we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others.
About the role:
You will be responsible for contributing to a team that is building and maintaining workflows that automate releasing, testing and deploying Kong Cloud products. Improving staging and production environments for SaaS distributions. Research and build monitoring/analyze tools to optimize building and deploying code-base, manage distributed systems and application resources. You will build workflows for delivering our software to a variety of platforms including AWS, GCP, Azure, and container technologies like Docker, Swarm, Mesosphere and Kubernetes to automate deployment and scale our products.
Why should you want to work at Kong?
Market Opportunity - We are on a quest to build a $10b+ software company over the next few years and need YOUR help!
- APIs are driving innovation across every industry!
- Strong VC team, Series D, strong year over year revenue growth!
Technical Leadership - We are recognized as the leader in innovation in the connectivity space.
- Marco, our CTO/co-founder - “We are the Cisco of L4 and L7” - CUBE Conversation, March 2021
- We are the leading innovator in the connectivity space!
Amazing Team & Culture - Come be a "Konger" and find out what we mean.
- Great Place to Work Certified in 2020 & 2021
- Kong employees discuss our culture at our 2020 Company Kickoff
Building Great Products - Learn why the world's largest companies love our tech!
What you'll bring:
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Located in European time zone.
- Experience with continuous/rapid release engineering (CI/CD).
- "Infrastructure as Code" configuration management systems such as Terraform, Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
- Experience building and administering alerting and monitoring systems for API services.
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix systems.
- Knowledge of one or more mainstream programming languages (Go, C/C++, Python).
- Strong skills in network services such as DNS, TLS/SSL, HTTP.
- Experience working in a 24/7/365 service environment.
- Design, implement, manage and orchestrate Kubernetes container clusters.
- And any additional tasks required by manager.
- Experience implementing secure and highly-available distributed systems/microservices.
- Professional experience managing production software in AWS.
- Experience with PostgreSQL in multi-master configuration.
- Time series databases (OpenTSDB, Graphite, Prometheus)
What is a Konger?
We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.