Software Java Engineer- DM team
remote in Poland
Kontakt.io is a leader in IoT. Our mission is to simplify the delivery of location and sensor data insights. We create the data foundation that drastically improves and automates decision making in resource planning, operations, and customer experience workflows.
Our portfolio of complete IoT and location solutions combine hardware, software, and cloud to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations. Today, we serve over 2,000 customers across diverse sizes and industries, from transportation and logistics to manufacturing, healthcare, airports, governments, and public spaces. They use Kontakt.io to reduce emergency incident time, decrease asset search-times, introduce activity-based-costing, automate manual processes, digitize physical order traceability, or prevent machine downtimes.
Currently, we are looking for
Software Java Engineer to join our Device Management team
Success in this position requires a passion for building high-performing and reliable applications. You need to have an internal urge to come up with innovative ideas and look for the best tools to solve scalability problems.
We are looking for a person who is able to work independently with the ability to take ownership of the solution and look at the problem from a product perspective, suggest proper solutions and then execute against them.
Our tech stack : Java 13+ ; Spring boot, spring-data, Kafka, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
You will be expected to:
- maintain and develop the Device Management system
- define data models and work with database systems like MongoDB and Postgres.
- establish connectivity with third-party systems using modern integrations technologies like RESTful APIs, WSS Streams, Webhooks, Kafka streams
- write and maintain documentation
- write unit and integration tests
- support and maintain CI/CD Workflows
- create and drive best practices in the team (including peer reviews and building for testability)
- propose any upgrades and updates necessary for keeping up with modern security and development best practices
- hands-on experience in designing and developing highly scalable applications using modern technology stacks such as Kafka, MongoDB
- very good knowledge of RESTful API
- knowledge of Spring frameworks (Spring Boot)
- the ability to naturally follow good development practices like test automation, CI/CD, source version control, etc
- hand-on microservices experience
- experience with development for and deployment to AWS
- enjoy technical challenges and are eager to explore new technologies
- good communication skills (English is a must)
- experience of Kotlin would be a great asset
- willingness to participate in the rotation on-call duty (24/7).
- fast-paced and dynamic startup environment, flat structure
- B2B contract or a permanent agreement
- competitive salary and stock option plan
- work with our IoT experts and trending technologies
- remote or hybrid work (office in Krakow)
- collaborative and self-organized environment
- flexible working hours
- private medical care, cafeteria system
Kontakt.io is a fast-growing company. It is extremely important for us to work with people who value the same virtues and fit our culture. Successful cooperation means that you:
1. Lead customer-centric - customer leadership is the key. If a customer has a problem we don’t wait. We understand what customer needs and we tailor our services, products around the customer. It doesn’t mean that we let the customer lead us. It means that we think about the customer first.
2. Have a growth mindset - we commit to results and growth. We are responsible for results, not for the activity or time spent. If we believe we can’t achieve a result or a job, it’s our duty to raise the voice, push back, explain what we suggest instead. We don’t see results as something static - ever. This means that our results and expectations are becoming more ambitious, quarter over quarter. We constantly evolve
3. Challenge, inspire, respect - we are the challenger in the marketplace. When working with each other - or with customers - we enjoy and desire to challenge each other. We listen, reflect and respond. We aim to understand the point of view of the other party and if there is customer merit in the argument. When we challenge, we articulate our hypothesis clearly and provide data and evidence in our argumentation. We respect the time of our colleagues. We have a zero-tolerance towards discrimination of any kind. We respect the environment.
4. Execute systematically - We recognize that the start-up journey will only be successful if we learn twice as much as others in half the time. For us, innovation also means continuous improvement in all fields. We think in systems when driving results, growth, and learnings.
5. Act with urgency - We have a sense of urgency in everything we do - at all times. It’s deeply rooted in the belief that as an up-start, as a challenger, we need to drive value for our customers faster and better than anybody else in the marketplace. We do things outside of the personal comfort zone.