The role of this Editor position is to ensure that all articles published on Koreaboo are factually, semantically, and syntactically correct. This position requires someone who is completely fluent in written English, and has a deep knowledge of and passion for the Korean entertainment industry.
FULL-TIME, CONTRACT POSITION. 40+ HOURS PER WEEK.
- Edit articles to ensure accuracy and appropriate usage of words
- Perform research to ensure the information included in articles is correct and factual
- Write articles when there is time-sensitive/breaking news and all Writers are occupied, or when all articles have been edited
- Provide feedback to Writers and Content Creators to ensure that mistakes are not repeated in the future
- Compile a list of frequently made mistakes to be used for future reference
- Perform other duties that include the above services but are not limited to these activities
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- A good understanding of Korean is a plus
- Prior writing and editing experience is a must
- Able to commit a minimum of 40+ hours per week and excel at working remotely with minimal supervision
- Deep knowledge of K-Pop, the Korean entertainment industry, and individual K-Pop fandoms is a must
- Experience in a digital media company and/or writing celebrity entertainment content is a plus
- Fluency in additional languages (Traditional and Simplified Chinese, Japanese) is a plus
- Degree in English or Journalism is a plus
Cover Letter Review Process
Please use perfect spelling and grammar when writing answers for the Cover Letter portion of this application. You should attempt to answer the questions in a writing style that feels natural to read.
You do not need to upload or fill in a second 'Cover Letter' in the optional form.