Software Engineer (Ruby on Rails)
States of Arizona, California, Colorado, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Utah or Washington /
At Kotis, we’re building a team of brand evangelists, designers, and doers who are obsessed with creating the best promotional marketing experience ever. We’re the brand behind the brand, the makers of amazing swag & eCommerce solutions meant to amplify our client’s message and connect their people. We tackle every project with unbridled enthusiasm, promising to make our clients’ lives easier and creatively solve their problems.
We continue to disrupt the traditional promotional products industry--owning the end-to-end workflow of product & design ideation, custom screen printing, retail-quality knitting, e-commerce solutions, warehousing + fulfillment, and more--all to serve our clients better.
Want to join the movement?
Do you like working with a team who is passionate about innovative projects? Do you like the culture of a tech company, but don’t want 80 hour work weeks and an unrealistic work/life balance? We are an outgoing, collaborative team that is focused on quality and using the newest technologies. You’ll work with a team of 3-5 developers and get a unique opportunity to implement a new generation of scalable and efficient applications to support our quickly growing business.
Kotis Design embraced fully remote work far before COVID required it for so many... Since 2015 we've had fully remote teams and we've got remote work figured out! We have the technology and the resources to make it easy to ensure you'll stay engaged with your co-workers. We promise you won't feel isolated. Also, we are committed to equal opportunity advancement for fully remote Kotisians.
THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
You are an agile developer who vigilantly challenges yourself and others to come up with better solutions. You are a self-starter and able to outline and achieve goals individually and as a member of a team. You want to be in a position to create value and have a significant impact on the direction of your company by building a massively scalable platform.
- Develop front- and back-end web applications in a Service-Oriented Architecture
- Collaborate with other technology team members on software development, specifically regarding functionality, user experience, and technical design
- Manage deliverables according to approved project plans
- Design, code, and implement well-documented REST APIs used by internal and external applications
- Ensure code is well-tested using Rspec and Capybara
- Participate in code maintenance, bug fixes, and various cross-functional roles with quality assurance
- Participate in design and code reviews
- 2+ years professional or personal experience working with Ruby on Rails
- 1+ years of professional software development (or a combination of relevant education and experience)
- Excellent verbal/written communication