Manager - Kotis Production Studios
Ogden, UT /
Print Shop & Warehouse
At Kotis, we’re building a team of brand evangelists, designers, and doers who are obsessed with creating the best promotional marketing experience ever. We’re the brand behind the brand, the makers of amazing swag & eCommerce solutions meant to amplify our client’s message and connect their people. We tackle every project with unbridled enthusiasm, promising to make our clients’ lives easier and creatively solve their problems.
We continue to disrupt the traditional promotional products industry--owning the end-to-end workflow of product & design ideation, custom screen printing, retail-quality knitting, e-commerce solutions, warehousing + fulfillment, and more--all to serve our clients better.
Want to join the movement?
THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
We are looking for a skilled coach and natural leader with some lead or management experience under their belt. Our perfect candidate loves identifying each team member’s strengths and putting them in a position to succeed. Also thrives off the buzz and pace of production and working on your feet all day. Dislikes when the day moves slowly, and no communication is face-to-face.
Manage our growing finishing and kitting department while developing your employees through 1:1 coaching, training, and working with fellow production managers to cross-train everyone. And YOU also want to be developed? Great! We have a management training program so you can hone your own expertise. This manager takes charge of the production schedule and ensures jobs are shipping on time, while working directly with fellow departmental managers and leads to determine priority of operations each day.
- Manage, modify, and prioritize department schedules
- Set staff up for daily success by clearly communicating daily objectives
- Monitor overall workload of team, cross-train staff, and measure individual efficiency
- Communicate with scheduling department to solve issues to maximize daily/weekly schedule output
- Ensure incoming product is counted and staged accurately and in timely manner
- Enforce amazing quality control (QC) from team to ensure best products ever
- Efficiently control workflow of product to finishing and kitting staff
- Optimize, maintain, and improve production efficiency
- Effectively communicate via email, MS Teams and video calls
- Work with management to ensure we are properly staffed
- Collect and enter key statistics and monitor performance
- Coach, mentor, provide feedback and improve the skill set and productivity of staff members
- Meet with team members individually on a regular and ongoing basis
- Responsible for disciplinary action for your team members
- Organize and schedule relevant training sessions
- Ensures location is clean, well-kept, and reflect the Kotis standards
- Ensure that health and safety regulations are met
- Plays critical role in driving company culture, staff recognition and process improvement
- 1+ year Management or lead experience required
- Production environment experience strongly desired
- Capable of remaining calm and composed under pressure
- Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Strong ability to use Outlook, Excel and the internet confidently is a huge plus
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 30lbs at times
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Regularly stand for long periods of time while reaching with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities include sharp vision, focus, depth perception and ability to identify colors
- Additionally, while performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to warm or cold weather. The noise level in the work environment is often loud and tasks associated with this position cause hands and clothes to get dirty.