Sewing Production Manager
Kotis Print Shop
At Kotis, we’re building a team of brand evangelists, designers, and doers who are obsessed with creating the best promotional marketing experience ever. We’re the brand behind the brand, the makers of amazing swag & eCommerce solutions meant to amplify our client’s message and connect their people. We tackle every project with unbridled enthusiasm, promising to make our clients’ lives easier and creatively solve their problems.
We continue to disrupt the traditional promotional products industry--owning the end-to-end workflow of product & design ideation, custom screen printing, retail-quality knitting, e-commerce solutions, warehousing + fulfillment, and more--all to serve our clients better.
Want to join the movement?
This role splits time approximately 50/50 between Production Manager and Needles Manager duties.
Production Manager: You will ensure all needles departments are adhering to the daily production schedule by circling the production floor throughout the day to monitor productivity. Always thinking ahead and prepping for what’s next, you will direct traffic on the production floor to ensure all jobs are produced accurately and ship on time. As needed you will think critically to make adjustments to the schedule while keeping the client’s timelines and other needs in mind.
Needles Team Manager: You will be directly responsible for the Sewing team as their direct supervisor. You will develop processes and trainings to onboard new employees effectively and push seasoned employees to progress on the 5 Levels, ultimately helping train assistants to be operators.
Production Manager Responsibilities
- Always think ahead and know what is being printed next
- Within needles teams, pull staff from different team or request additional staff to meet timelines
- Adjust the schedule as needed
- Communicate constantly with Print Shop Director to ensure all departments are on schedule and critically think about how to further optimize production
Needles Team Manager Responsibilities
- Train and schedule Needles Team staff members (both employees & workers staffed through agencies)
- Coach, mentor, provide feedback and improve the skill set and productivity of the team
- Enforce amazing quality control (QC) from team
- Work with Print Shop Director to ensure we are properly staffed
- Work with Print Shop Director on reward/recognition ideas to motivate team
- Work to inspire team members by setting a positive example and being involved with Kotis beyond the Print Shop
- Research and develop more efficient processes/techniques
- Collect statistics to help develop and refine processes and properly schedule projects
- Maintain inventory, order supplies, and help develop usage metrics
- Meet with team members individually on a regular and ongoing basis
- Conduct disciplinary meetings for Needles Team
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Production environment experience required
- Needles production experience strongly desired
- Management experience a plus
- Capable of remaining calm and composed under pressure
- Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Problem solving ability
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Strong ability to use Outlook, Excel and the internet is a huge plus
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50lbs at times
- Regularly stand for long periods of time while reaching with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities include sharp vision, focus, depth perception and ability to identify colors
- Additionally, while performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to warm or cold weather. The noise level in the work environment is often loud and tasks associated with this position cause hands and clothes to get dirty.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) with match with Roth and Traditional options
- Robust PTO program
- Advancement opportunities