Global Corporate Controller
About Kountable Inc. Kountable is the first managed marketplace for the Global South. Through its technology platform (on web and mobile), it harnesses the massively transformative and distributed capabilities of entrepreneurs in emerging markets who are solving some of the world's biggest problems. In developing economies, entrepreneurs serve as a vital link between institutions and foreign suppliers of specialized goods and equipment. Kountable’s network connects these local entrepreneurs with multinational suppliers and top-quality goods that are then delivered to end payers such as governments, NGOs or corporates looking to complete large scale projects. The types of goods Kountable helps procure are focused in the industries of ICT, healthcare and industrial. By combining local expertise with global scale, Kountable brings unprecedented transparency and efficiency to global trade and unlocks the inherent potential in underserved markets.
Kountable is looking for an experienced Global Corporate Controller to be a key member of the Finance Team. The primary responsibility is the day-to-day management of the accounting operations of the Company. The Controller must demonstrate attention to detail, strong organization skills and the ability to work in a dynamic business environment. The Controller will comply, act and enforce with confidentiality, ethical Finance behaviors.
The Controller will work with all departments within the Company. The Controller will also work with external parties, such as auditors, tax providers, banks, insurance agents/providers, payroll provider, finance and accounting software providers, etc.
- Primary responsibility for implementing and maintaining finance policies and procedures that comply with accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and industry standards.
- Manage international subsidiaries finance, tax, compliance and consolidation.
- Leads in development of revenue recognition policies – ASC 606 compliant, and responsible for proper implementation of such policies.
- Key project leader in the transition of our financial system from Xero, to likely a Netsuite implementation.
- Responsible for providing timely reporting for monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reporting. Manage quarterly and year-end financial preparation for the annual audit, and provide all necessary schedules for the outside tax preparers.
- Manage all general ledger activities, including all postings to accurately reflect the financial condition of the company according to GAAP.
- Supervision of cash management, accounts, and monthly timely reconciliation of all bank accounts with immediate reporting responsibility of any reconciling differences.
- Manage Accounts Payable, including review of all payment activity to ensure that established policies and procedures are adhered to, for both HQ and subsidiaries.
- Manage Accounts Receivable, billing processes, and appropriate decision making for bad debt and allowance for doubtful collections accounting.
- Responsible for proper accounting regarding software capitalization.
- Responsible for the mentoring and management of employee performance, including the completion of timely performance and salary reviews.
- The successful candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance, possess a thorough understanding of GAAP accounting, and 8-12 years of accounting, or related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and CPA are required. MBA desirable.
- Experience in managing accounting in a growth startup is highly desired.
- International experience including banking regulations, tax, vat, and global consolidations desired.
- Systems: experience with Xero, Netsuite, Bill.com, Expensify, Divvy, Brex all a plus.
Community is at the center of who we are. We strive to foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, leveraging our differences as strengths. We aim to create a company culture where our team members are connected, can thrive and feel empowered to be their authentic selves at work. Getting there means hiring people who represent a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and viewpoints, and – most importantly – making sure we create an environment that allows all team members to reach their full potential.
Kountable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Kountable does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Kountable also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy.
We look forward to receiving your application!