About Kountable Inc. Kountable is the first managed marketplace for the Global South. Through its technology platform (on web and mobile), it harnesses the massively transformative and distributed capabilities of entrepreneurs in emerging markets who are solving some of the world's biggest problems. In developing economies, entrepreneurs serve as a vital link between institutions and foreign suppliers of specialized goods and equipment. Kountable’s network connects these local entrepreneurs with multinational suppliers and top-quality goods that are then delivered to end payers such as governments, NGOs or corporates looking to complete large scale projects. The types of goods Kountable helps procure are focused in the industries of ICT, healthcare and industrial. By combining local expertise with global scale, Kountable brings unprecedented transparency and efficiency to global trade and unlocks the inherent potential in underserved markets.
We are looking for a highly empathetic and collaborative Product Manager who is passionate about building products that solve the needs of entrepreneurs, so they can serve the global market. At Kountable, we refer to product holistically. Product is the functionality - the features, the technology that enables this functionality, the user experience design that presents the functionality, how we monetize this functionality, how we attract and acquire users and customers, and the offline experiences that are essential to delivering the product’s value. A Kountable product manager has all pieces; the technology sophistication, business savvy, credibility with key stakeholders, deep customer knowledge, passion for the product, and the respect of their product team. You need to be an integrative thinker with extreme attention-to-detail, a strong presenter, a great problem-solver, and a hard worker. In this role you will work closely with leadership and other members of the team to help shape the future of Kountable.
What you will do?
- Join a fast-paced, smart, and fun team that is united by work that matters
- Define and maintain an evolving roadmap, and help communicate the prioritization of work
- Work closely with engineering, data science, research, and design to deliver on roadmap
- Provide visibility and transparency to build trust within the team, to other teams, and with senior management on the vision and strategy for your product
- Break down projects to MVPs to maximize customer value with a minimal amount of work
- Build cross functional consensus on product strategy, design, and technical decisions
- Drive adoption and usage of features
- Create great team morale, shares best practices, and mentor others
Who are you?
- You have a BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- You’re comfortable engaging in technical conversations.
- You’re a great listener, empathetic and analytic.
- You understand complex systems and simplify topics.
- You’re results oriented. You can cut to the core of a problem, identify what needs to be done and when, and work with the teams to get solutions shipped.
- You’re looking for a startup environment with serious ability to create social impact.
- You thrive in ambiguity.
Community is at the center of who we are. We strive to foster a culture of inclusion and belonging, leveraging our differences as strengths. We aim to create a company culture where our team members are connected, can thrive and feel empowered to be their authentic selves at work. Getting there means hiring people who represent a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and viewpoints, and – most importantly – making sure we create an environment that allows all team members to reach their full potential.
Kountable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Kountable does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Kountable also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy.
We look forward to receiving your application!