Account Receivable Manager
Admin – Finance
Who we are
Kpler is a technology and data intelligence company providing transparency solutions in the commodity markets. Our software aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental and shipping databases. By connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring our clients - mostly oil and gas companies, trading houses, public utilities and shipping companies, financial institutions and hedge funds - unique, real-time understanding of supply and demand in the commodities market.
The company is headquartered in Belgium with offices in 6 countries and 7 locations (Paris, London, Brussels, Dubai, Singapore Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
What you’ll do
The Finance team is looking for an Account Receivable Manager to oversee all invoicing and collection activities at Kpler. As part of this role, you will be partnering with our Sales and Sales Operations teams across all Kpler entities and ensure that all invoices at Kpler are accurate, timely and compliant, and that missed payments are handled properly and recovered.
• Conduct credit checks and set up vendor profile in Client platform
• Monitor processing and recording of invoices for all Kpler entities with their corresponding taxes (New York, Houston, France, Belgium, UK, UAE and Singapore)
• Ensure timely collection of payments and handle procedure for non-payment
• Provide regular and consistent communication and support to customers to ensure visibility to open balances, payment performance and other issues preventing/interruption timely payment
• Work closely with claims and invoicing/cash application to communicate issues with invoicing and payments; and aid in resolution if needed
• Escalate accounts through proper channels to provide visibility to issues, potential risks and other problems that could potentially impact collection activity
• Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc forecasting reports
• Using standard accounting metrics (e.g. Days-to-Pay, Days Sales Outstanding, Payment Terms, etc.) measure customer payment performance and execute remediation plans when necessary
• Recommends to Head of Finance all accounts that will need to be written off to bad debt or pose a risk to the company
• Provide strategic guidance to implement processes and policies that contribute to the timely collection of open balances
This role is based in Brussels
You may be a fit if...
• 4+ years of experience in Accounts Receivable
• Fluent in English and French
• Ability to work independently and remotely within a team environment
• Hands-on experience with accounting software, MS Excel
• Ability to aggregate, manipulate, and automate data
• Excellent analytical skills along with the ability to create and present detailed reports