Sales Development Representative (on hold)
Business – Sales /
Kpler is the leading provider of data intelligence for the commodity markets. Our software aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental and shipping databases. By connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring our clients - mostly commodities producers, oil and gas companies, trading houses, public utilities and shipping companies, financial institutions and hedge funds - unique, real-time understanding of supply and demand in the commodity markets.
The company has offices in 6 countries and 7 locations (Paris, London, Brussels, Dubai, Singapore, Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
The Sales Team at Kpler is fun, diverse and self-driven. We love to build relationships and to challenge the status quo. Our main goal is to bring value to our clients by leveraging our technology and data intelligence. We are proud to offer a solution that improves business performance and brings disruptive innovation in the commodities market. Join us!
What you’ll do
Kpler is growing fast and looking for its first Sales Development Representative to help our Sales team get to the next level! From driving marketing strategies, identifying leads & outreach strategies to qualifying leads and improving our overall lead generation process, you will be responsible for lead generation globally!
This role is not to be filled immediately, we have slowed down the recruitment for this position taken into consideration the current situation; however, feel free to submit you application and we will get in contact with you once we decide to continue the recruitment process.
• Exceeding quarterly targets for developing qualified leads, in accordance with the Company opportunity qualification process
• Proactively generating the required level of customer enquiries through outreach and referrals, including sourcing professionals through tools such as Linkedin
• Working with the sales team to develop appropriate lead generation campaigns in nominated industries and/or markets
• Developing a deep understanding of the Company’s offering in order to articulate targeted unique selling points to key prospects
• Properly qualifying leads by ensuring key questions are answered and sourcing relevant information
• Ensuring that every lead is dealt with through Salesforce, and in particular that lead management and communication tracking is managed in compliance with the Company’s guidelines
• Establishing a friendly and professional rapport with all customers, presenting a positive impression of yourself and the Company.
• Managing and protecting customer information, including sensitive financial information, in accordance with relevant legislation
• Complying absolutely with the Company’s Anti-bribery policy
• Working as part of a team to ensure the smooth operation of the complete sales process
• Any other tasks and duties that might reasonably be required of you
You may be a fit if...
• PASSIONATE: Demonstrates self-belief and is committed to excellent service
• ENERGETIC: results driven; has a “can do” attitude
• TEAM PLAYER: Demonstrates trust, openness and respect in dealings with people, involved and committed to the success of the team and Kpler as a whole
• GREAT COMMUNICATOR: listens, understands and is able to express themselves clearly: good literacy, numeracy and verbal communication skills
• 1+ year in similar role in SaaS or tech company
• IT Literacy essential, and previous experience of using Salesforce or other CRM would be an advantage
• Experience within one or more of the following sectors: Energy, Trading, Finance
• Proven track record in an inside sales roles within a software/technology environment
This role is based in London.