Dry Bulk Market Analyst (Grains)
Europe (Remote) /
Technology – Data Operations /
In a world where trades are happening faster than ever to answer our needs, where sustainability is not just an option anymore, clarity and trust in the information we trade with are a must.
So, say hello to Kpler! We exist to facilitate sustainable and efficient trade to meet the changing needs of our world. To do so we've built a Data-as-a-Service solution that does exactly that across the lifecycle of a trade.
Our solution aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental, shipping databases and more. Intelligently connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring to our clients a unique, real-time understanding of the trades happening all over the world, by giving them access to live information about the movement of cargos, the availability of vessels as well as the commodity storage.
To support this endeavor we have teams in more than 7 countries and 8 key locations (Brussels, Paris, London, Vienna, Dubai, Singapore, Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills, and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
• Be humble - We always place the interests of the collective before your own.
• Respect and care for others - We make every person feel comfortable in their own beliefs, decisions, and perspectives.
• Take responsibility - We take ownership of our actions
• Act with integrity -We are honest and transparent in all your dealings.
• Be bold - We push the boundaries in order to improve and grow.
You’ll get to work in a truly global environment, with more than 30 nationalities speaking more than 15 languages.
What is the job ?
Kpler has recently launched a Dry Bulk platform and is looking for an experienced candidate to help support and grow our market analysis for grains and oilseeds complex (corn/wheat/soybeans/rapeseed/sorghum and barley).
Kpler is looking for a Dry Bulk Market Analyst (Grains) within our Market Data Operations team based in Europe.
The role will involve daily collection, structuring, and analysis of cargo-level data. You will be required to follow the main events occurring in the grains markets, track specific trends impacting global trade flows, and build a network of contacts in the industry. Your objective will be to monitor the Kpler platform and constantly ensure the highest level of accuracy and timeliness of our data. You will also be expected to regularly interact with our clients to help them extract as much value from our systems as possible.
This role offers the potential opportunity for an ambitious individual to assume management responsibility in overseeing a team of analysts and potentially further enhance Kpler’s coverage of other softs/agricultural commodities.
In addition, you will be working on various projects to develop new features or improve Kpler data quality. This will include day-to-day collaboration with teammates from various global offices and teams.
● Regular research and tracking of market news
● Daily checks of Kpler data to ensure reliability and accuracy of services provided
● Extracting meaningful patterns and detecting trend disruption
● Drafting fast responses to ad-hoc requests from our users
● Maintaining and expanding a comprehensive dataset related to grains markets
● Regular participation in clients meeting to discuss market and data related topics
● Participate in long-term projects, and collaborate with global colleagues from various teams to deliver market insights and new features
This role reports to the Market Data Manager (Dry Bulk)
It could be the perfect fit if you...
● have a graduate degree in Economics, Finance, International Trade or Engineering related fields with at least 5 years’ experience as an analyst (or similar role) covering grains/oilseeds complex (prior experience covering corn/wheat/soybeans/rapeseed/sorghum or barley will be highly advantageous)
● are an ambitious individual who relishes the challenge of spearheading the development of Kpler’s grains coverage with the potential opportunity to lead a team of analysts to develop Kpler’s coverage of other softs/agricultural commodities in the future
● have advanced Excel skills and some understanding of SQL (other languages such as Python or VBA is a plus)
● demonstrate strong capabilities in logical thinking with attention to detail
● have experience working with large, disparate and/or unstructured data sets.
● possess excellent analytical ability, at ease with working with database and able to highlight trends and use complex data to support decisions
● are an effective team player, quick learner and able to cope with short deadlines across different simultaneous projects with minimal supervision
● are comfortable working in a diverse, cosmopolitan environment and fluent in English (mandatory)
Top reasons to join the team
Our global team is a mix of people from 35 different nationalities, speaking 10 different languages. We have offices across the globe, including Houston, New York, Paris, London, Dubai, and Singapore.
Our growth is exponential, our product is always evolving and we have clients from various parts of the world
We offer an attractive salary according to profile and experience. Recruitment for this position will be conducted on a rolling basis. If you think you are a good fit for the role, please submit your application as soon as possible.
In the meantime, don’t hesitate to visit our company website: www.kpler.com and check us on LinkedIn.
Our People Pledge
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.