Senior Commercial Manager - China/Korea
Business – Sales /
Kpler is the leading provider of data intelligence for the commodity markets. Our software aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental and shipping databases. By connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring our clients - mostly commodities producers, oil and gas companies, trading houses, public utilities and shipping companies, financial institutions and hedge funds - unique, real-time understanding of supply and demand in the commodity markets.
The company has offices in 6 countries and 7 locations (Paris, London, Brussels, Dubai, Singapore, Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
The Sales Team at Kpler is fun, diverse and self-driven. We love to build relationships and to challenge the status quo. Our main goal is to bring value to our clients by leveraging our technology and data intelligence. We are proud to offer a solution that improves business performance and brings disruptive innovation in the commodities market. Join us!
What you’ll do
The Sales team is looking for a Senior Commercial Manager who will be responsible for all new business (including generating new leads) and account management activities (upsell, crossell) in China and South Korea. The successful candidate will be expected to quickly contribute in a tangible way, after becoming familiar with our platform and our clients base. This is a tremendous opportunity to take direct commercial responsibilities with ownership of the whole sales cycle for a region.
• Generate leads: you will identify and reach out to new prospects, make daily contacts by email, chat and phone. We are looking for someone who is not afraid of cold calling!
• Set up and facilitate client meetings, interact with senior decision makers, follow-up on trials and troubleshoot queries
• Negotiate and close deals
• Build relationship with your clients partnering with the Customer success team and identify and close opportunities for up-sell and cross-sell.
• Maintain accurate customer and sales information in our internal CRM
• Help and collaborate with the rest of the Sales team: we are looking for someone with a great drive and team spirit, who can multi-task and offer solutions!
This role is based in Singapore reporting to the Head of Sales, APAC and requires extensive travel to China, South Korea and other regions.
You may be a fit if you have or are...
• 7-12 years of experience in sales
• Experience in the commodity space, ideally selling game-changing data solution to oil & gas trading companies
• Experience selling and working in Greater China with a proven track record of successfully developing new business and managing multiple client relationships in the region, experience in South Korea a very strong plus
• Fluent in English (company language) and in Mandarin (sales region)
• Excellent oral presentation skills, as well as a deep knowledge of the local culture
• Excellent communication and social skills
• Enthusiastic team-player with strong analytic skills, a can-do attitude and a proven adaptive capacity
• Ability to operate in a high-growth fast-pace environment. Experience in start-up and/or fast growing companies a strong plus
• Self-motivated and have good work ethics
You REALLY want to join us because...
• We offer the best product in the market and are effectively disrupting our market
• Our growth is exponential: we build new features and products everyday! We frequently tackle brand new business areas which means we never run out of new clients!
• You’ll get to work in a truly global work environment: With offices in 6 countries, we come from more than 20 countries and speak more than 15 languages. This also means, we close large global deals which you will get to participate in!
• We offer competitive compensation - including commissions - and are looking for feedback and opportunity to improve them everyday!