Data scientist Manager
Technology – Engineering /
Kpler is the leading provider of data intelligence for the commodity markets. Our software aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental and shipping databases. By connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring our clients - mostly commodities producers, oil and gas companies, trading houses, public utilities and shipping companies, financial institutions and hedge funds - unique, real-time understanding of supply and demand in the commodity markets.
The company has offices in 6 countries and 7 locations (Paris, London, Brussels, Dubai, Singapore Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
Kpler is looking for a Data Scientist Manager to join our DS team. The team is in charge of the conception of new ML and IA algorithms that are vectors of new grow and opportunities for our commodities and maritime insights platform. More specifically we are working on time series forecasts, satellite and drones images data extraction, NLP, etc.
We are looking for people who like to learn and work in teams, who know how to express their ideas, who enjoy challenges and being challenged. And finally, people who enjoy getting out of their comfort zone and want a healthy environment.
We are working in a squad model (crews), where each data scientist is member of a cross-skills crew (Product Owner, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Frontend Engineers, QA, etc.) in charge of a specific scope.
- Manage the Data Science team (25% of time), coaching and mentoring
- Be a senior Data Scientist in one of the crew (75%)
- Communicate DS vision outside the Technology group
- Be a technical referent on ML and IA libraries and framework
- Work in tandem with the engineering and product team to design, build, and deploy ML and IA algorithms applications, including large-scale data processing, computationally intensive models, and advanced analytics.
- Foster creativity regarding usage of our data and evangelize ML solutions in Kpler
- 7+ years of experience developing ML and IA models, both PoC and production ready projects
- 3+ years of experience managing or mentoring Data Scientists
- Extensive experience with open-source technology and data engineering (notably architecture of ML solutions with regard to existent Data pipelines)
- Ideally with a first experience in start up or fast moving environment, with a real-time 24/7 platform
- Skilled at working with data engineers, or alone as required
- Excellent knowledge of main ML and IA algorithms and usages
- Excellent knowledge of at least one ML and one IA library/framework
- Excellent knowledge of python.
- Programming knowledge in another language (ideally scala or R)
- Good knowledge in cloud environments (ideally AWS or GCP)
- Good knowledge of SQL database, column oriented database and document store
- Ability to both deliver fast a working PoC and to organize milestones to move toward production deployment if PoC successful together with Tech Leads and sysadmin
- Knowledge of maritime and commodities data
- Experience with geotimeseries and GIS data.