Senior Testing Automation Engineer
Technology – Product Engineering /
Kpler is the leading provider of data intelligence for the commodity markets. Our software aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental and shipping databases. By connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring our clients - mostly commodities producers, oil and gas companies, trading houses, public utilities and shipping companies, financial institutions and hedge funds - unique, real-time understanding of supply and demand in the commodity markets.
The company has offices in 6 countries and 7 locations (Paris, London, Brussels, Dubai, Singapore Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
What will be your role?
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Testing Automation Engineer.
You will work with our Product and Tech teams to create and maintain Kpler Terminal, our cutting-edge data service for commodities traders and analysts. As a software engineer manager in test and automation, your mission will be to ensure that we only deliver highest-quality products to our customers. You will play a crucial role in our success ensuring our user have the best possible experience.
Kpler Terminal is built with various technologies (single page webapp with Typescript/Vuejs, data pipelines with Kafka, python, go, scala) and deliver data through different channels (web app, mobile, API, excel addin, other integrations). Our software testing stack includes developer-led unit tests, automated backend integration testing, automated browser-side testing and some manual frontend testing.
At Kpler, developers are involved in writing part of the automated integration tests together with the QA team.
You'll be given a lot of freedom and responsibility in choosing, evaluating, deploying and maintaining various hardware, software and systems to support our IT operations.
What you’ll do
• Manage the team of QA engineers
• Working on advanced automated test suites to exercice our applications at all levels
• Writing tests following guidelines based on previous bugs
• Defining manual testing plans
• Working with the developers to ensure that they deliver testable code
• Use existing test infrastructure and frameworks (virtual machines, containers, auto-provisioning, UI testing, ...)
You may be a fit if...
• You have at least 5 years of experience of quality automation for a data driven SaaS product
• Experience managing a small team of QA Engineers
• You know CI/CD systems, puppeteer, e2e frameworks, database testing.
• You have a passion for quality and a good attention to details
• You have experience with data pipeline and big data technology
Why you REALLY need to join us...
• Interesting product & challenging technical problems to solve: our market is very specialized and quite complicated! This means we build real algos and there’s some serious software engineering at work here!
• Our growth is exponential: we build new features and products everyday! We frequently tackle brand new business areas which means there’s always everything to build and always an interesting problem to sink your teeth into!
• We are still small enough that you can get exposure to our entire tech architecture, be close to the business, see the impact you make and build your career trying out different things!
• We are at the cross-road of Software Engineering, Commodity and Finance. This creates an interesting cultural mix: We value the flexibility, collaboration and employee-centric approach that the Tech culture brings but we also value the pragmatism, hard-working and intellectual excellence expectation that often runs in the Finance and Energy worlds.
• You’ll get to work in a truly global work environment: With offices in 6 countries, we come from more than 20 countries and speak more than 15 languages.
• We offer competitive compensation & benefits and are looking for feedback and opportunity to improve them everyday!