People Experience Specialist
Admin – People & Office /
Kpler is the leading provider of a data intelligence for the commodity markets. Our software aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental and shipping databases. By connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring our clients - unique, real-time understanding of supply and demand in the commodities market. Our clients include trading houses, oil and gas majors, national oil companies, hedge funds and banks.
Kpler has grown organically from a startup to a mid-size fast riser of 100+ collaborators spread among 6 countries and 7 offices (Paris, London, Brussels, Dubai, Singapore, Houston, New York). With people of various backgrounds, diverse skills and international experiences, being global is in our DNA!
What's the job?
We are looking for a passionate and dynamic People Experience Specialist to join our People Experience team, a sub-team of People (HR) focused on ensuring that People at Kpler get an amazing experience! Reporting to our People Experience lead based in Singapore, you will deliver amazing employee support, events planning, office management and administrative support to our European and US locations.
Your duties will include the following:
• Partner with our People team to welcome new Hires joining the regions you cover and coordinate a seamless onboarding.
• Organize virtual and in-person events such as Welcome drinks, e-lunches, Office parties & dinners, Hackathons and Meetups in accordance with the global people experience plan.
• Build and maintain relationships with employees ensuring that you are always aware of the mood and morale of the teams in your region.
• Coordinate expense management process in your region with employee, Finance and Payroll teams
• Manage office mail, reception (both phone and visitors check-in when applicable) and other administrative support for the region (office related purchases and stock, maintain invoices & receipts records, etc).
• Manage relationships and contracts with third party providers for offices in your region; including landlords/agents, cleaners, insurers and travel agents, solving issues quickly and efficiently.
• Monitor employee health & safety standards in your regions and ensure compliance.
• Partner with the People Experience lead and Head of People to identify offices to lease or buy (property sourcing and visits, etc).
• Participate in various projects and initiatives to improve and enhance People experience at Kpler incl. developing, maintaining and/or enhancing key policies and processes
• Help and support the broader People team as needed with projects.
You are or have...
• Some experience (2 to 3 years) in an international, tech and startup environment, preferably in People (HR) or Office Management
• You have a bachelor or master in Business administration or management cause you need good foundations in project management, legal (commercial contracts and employment), finance/accounting and good business sense.
• You have great interpersonal and communication skills which make you approachable, a "social butterfly" and often the life of the party!
• You are perfectly fluent in both English and French. This is critical as you need to be able to interact, share culture references and build relationships with team members and providers from very different cultures (incl. various US cultures, UK, France, Belgium, etc)
• You are autonomous, proactive, resourceful, you love problem solving and have good intuition. This is critical as your manager will be far away and not as familiar as you are with your region!
• You are able to multi-task, prioritize, adapt to change and tight deadlines. Things move REALLY fast here!