Engineering – Engineering
Who we are
Kpler is a technology and data intelligence company providing transparency solutions in the commodity markets. Our software aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental and shipping databases. By connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring our clients - mostly oil and gas companies, trading houses, public utilities and shipping companies, financial institutions and hedge funds - unique, real-time understanding of supply and demand in the commodities market.
The company is headquartered in Belgium with offices in 6 countries and 7 locations (Paris, London, Brussels, Dubai, Singapore Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
What you’ll do
We are looking for an experienced Full-Stack Engineer to join our software engineering team in Paris or Lisbon (20 engineers) with a strong interest in Data and experience acting as a Tech Lead. To make this exciting, we’ll have you join the team focused on rethinking our entire platform with a UX/UI lense!
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will:
• Work across the stack to deliver new features from start-to-finish
• Build clean, performant APIs to power data visualizations
• Implement compelling, usable UIs; contribute to their design; and engineer them with VueJs, D3js and other exciting tech!
• Build and improve our different fronts: web and mobile Improve performance and overcome scalability limits
• Own meaningful parts of our service, have an impact, grow with the company
• Actively share knowledge and document insights to support continuous team improvement and collaboration
• Act as a mentor for the team throughout the software development process
Our Tech stack includes:
• VueJs, D3js, RESTfulAPI and more on the frontend
• Python, Go, Scala, Postgresql, ElasticSearch and more on the backend
You may be a fit if...
• You have at least 6 years of experience in a similar role including significant experience in Go, Scala, Python or equivalent language
• You have worked with a modern JS framework
• You value code simplicity, performance and details
• You are familiar with data structures and algorithms
You have been designing and engineering UIs for several years
• You have demonstrated that you can learn and adapt quickly
• You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment
• You are fluent in English and have experience working in an international environment
But you REALLY need to join us because...
• Interesting product & challenging technical problems to solve: our market is very specialized and quite complicated! This means we build real algos and there’s some serious software engineering at work here!
• Our growth is exponential: we build new features and products everyday! We frequently tackle brand new business areas which means there’s always everything to build and always an interesting problem to sink your teeth into!
• We are still small enough that you can get exposure to our entire tech architecture, be close to the business, see the impact you make and build your career trying out different things!
• We are at the cross-road of Software Engineering, Commodity and Finance. This creates an interesting cultural mix: We value the flexibility, collaboration and employee-centric approach that the Tech culture brings but we also value the pragmatism, hard-working and intellectual excellence expectation that often runs in the Finance and Energy worlds.
• You’ll get to work in a truly global work environment: With offices in 6 countries, we come from more than 20 countries and speak more than 15 languages.
• We offer competitive compensation & benefits and are looking for feedback and opportunity to improve them everyday!