Senior Data Engineer
Technology – Engineering /
In a world where trades are happening faster than ever to answer our needs, where sustainability is not just an option anymore, clarity and trust in the information we trade with are a must.
So, say hello to Kpler! We exist to facilitate sustainable and efficient trade to meet the changing needs of our world. To do so we've built a Data-as-a-Service solution that does exactly that across the lifecycle of a trade.
Our solution aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental, shipping databases and more. Intelligently connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring to our clients a unique, real-time understanding of the trades happening all over the world, by giving them access to live information about the movement of cargos, the availability of vessels as well as the commodity storage.
To support this endeavor we have teams in more than 7 countries and 7 key locations (Paris, London, Brussels, Dubai, Singapore, Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills, and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
•Be humble - We always place the interests of the collective before your own.
•Respect and care for others - We make every person feel comfortable in their own beliefs, decisions, and perspectives.
•Take responsibility - We take ownership of our actions
•Act with integrity -We are honest and transparent in all your dealings.
•Be bold - We push the boundaries in order to improve and grow.
You’ll get to work in a truly global environment, with more than 30 nationalities speaking more than 15 languages.
What you’ll do
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our software engineering team in Paris (25 engineers). We have several roles open and are therefore looking for various levels of experience!
Some of the exciting projects you’ll get to work on include:
• Building a completely new feature involving cloud infrastructure with a direct impact on our customer base
• Building new features for our core platform including metrics & forecasting as well as scaling and stabilizing our data pipelines
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will:
• Work across the stack to deliver new features from start-to-finish
• Improve performance and overcome scalability limits
• Own meaningful parts of our service, have an impact, grow with the company
• Actively share knowledge and document insights to support continuous team improvement and collaboration
• Act as a mentor for our junior engineers; On some projects, you may also need to act as the Tech lead
Our Tech stack includes:
• VueJs, D3js, RESTfulAPI and more on the frontend
• Python, Go, Scala, Postgresql, ElasticSearch and more on the backend
You may be a fit if...
• You have at least 4 years of experience in a similar role including significant experience in Go, Scala, Python or equivalent language
• You value code simplicity, performance and details
•You are familiar with data structures and algorithms
•You have demonstrated that you can learn and adapt quickly
• You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment
•You are fluent in English and have experience working in an international environment
Why you REALLY need to join us...
• Interesting product & challenging technical problems to solve: our market is very specialized and quite complicated! This means we build real algos and there’s some serious software engineering at work here!
• Our growth is exponential: we build new features and products everyday! We frequently tackle brand new business areas which means there’s always everything to build and always an interesting problem to sink your teeth into!
• We are still small enough that you can get exposure to our entire tech architecture, be close to the business and the impact you are making and build your career trying out different things!
• We are at the cross-road of software engineering, energy and finance: This creates an interesting mix. We value the flexibility, collaboration and employee-centric approach that the Tech culture bring but we also value the pragmatism, hard-working and intellectual excellence expectation that often runs in the Finance and Energy worlds.
• You’ll get to work in a truly global work environment: With offices in 6 countries, we have more than 20 nationalities and speak more than 15 languages.
• We offer competitive compensation & benefits and are looking for feedback and opportunity to improve them everyday!
Our People Pledge
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.