Data Engineer - Paris
Engineering – Engineering
Kpler is looking for some talents to join the engineering team. As of now, we don't have opened positions for Data Engineer roles but as we are often looking for those kind of profiles, we would be more than happy to review your application and contact you when we'll have opening roles at Kpler!
What you’ll do:
You will participate in the evolution of our platform app.kpler.com (code, test, deployment, support) and derived applications with the aim of extracting (API, scraping), consolidating, (ETL), and applying algorithms (data-mining, business rules) on large data sets, and make them available (Postgres, ElasticSearch).
For example, you will improve our vessel destination forecast algorithm.
You will be tested on, and expected to work with the following stack :
Python, Posgresql, SQLAlchemy, ElasticSearch, AWS...
The technical team works in lean mode to continually improve our SaaS applications and API.
You could be a good fit if...
- Python and ideally with a first experience in startups
- Knowledge in Scala could be a plus
- Crafty, handy and pragmatic, you code on Linux / Mac and are both comfortable with CLI and graphical interfaces
- You commit on Open source projects and you are present on GitHub
- There is more than 12 different nationalities at Kpler, you must be able to interact with all team members in a functional English