Technology – Engineering /
Kpler is the leading provider of data intelligence for the commodity markets. Our software aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental and shipping databases. By connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring our clients - mostly commodities producers, oil and gas companies, trading houses, public utilities and shipping companies, financial institutions and hedge funds - unique, real-time understanding of supply and demand in the commodity markets.
The company has a major presence in 9 locations (Paris, London, Brussels, Dubai, Singapore, Houston and New York, Cape Town, Tokyo). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
What you’ll do
You will participate in the evolution of our platform app.kpler.com (code, test, deployment, support) and derived applications with the aim of extracting (API, scraping), consolidating, (ETL), and applying algorithms (data-mining, business rules) on large data sets, and make them available (Postgres, ElasticSearch).
For example, you will improve our vessel destination forecast algorithm.
You will be tested on, and expected to work with the following stack :
Python, Posgresql, SQLAlchemy, ElasticSearch, AWS, Kafka...
The technical team works in lean mode to continually improve our SaaS applications and API.
You may be a fit if...
• Python and ideally with a first experience in startups
• Knowledge in Scala could be a plus
• Crafty, handy and pragmatic, you code on Linux / Mac and are both comfortable with CLI and graphical interfaces
• You commit on Open source projects and you are present on GitHub
• There is more than 12 different nationalities at Kpler, you must be able to interact with all team members in a functional English
Why you REALLY need to join us...
• Interesting product & challenging technical problems to solve: our market is very specialized and quite complicated! This means we build real algos and there’s some serious software engineering at work here!
• Our growth is exponential: we build new features and products everyday! We frequently tackle brand new business areas which means there’s always everything to build and always an interesting problem to sink your teeth into!
• We are still small enough that you can get exposure to our entire tech architecture, be close to the business and the impact you are making and build your career trying out different things!
• We are at the cross-road of software engineering, energy and finance: This creates an interesting mix. We value the flexibility, collaboration and employee-centric approach that the Tech culture bring but we also value the pragmatism, hard-working and intellectual excellence expectation that often runs in the Finance and Energy worlds.
• You’ll get to work in a truly global work environment: With offices in 6 countries, we have more than 20 nationalities and speak more than 15 languages.
• We offer competitive compensation & benefits and are looking for feedback and opportunity to improve them everyday!