Dry Bulk Analyst (Grains)
Paris- London- Singapore- Geneva /
Technology – Data Operations /
Kpler is the leading provider of data intelligence for the commodity markets. Our software aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental and shipping databases. By connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring our clients - mostly commodities producers, oil and gas companies, trading houses, public utilities and shipping companies, financial institutions and hedge funds - unique, real-time understanding of supply and demand in the commodity markets.
The company has a major presence in 9 locations (Paris, London, Brussels, Dubai, Singapore, Houston and New York, Cape Town, Tokyo). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
What you’ll do
Kpler has recently launched a Dry Bulk platform and is looking for an experienced candidate to help support and grow our market analysis for grains and oilseeds complex (corn/wheat/soybeans/rapeseed/sorghum and barley).
Reporting to the Market Data Manager (Dry Bulk), this role requires domain expertise with a hands-on approach as you will be responsible for ensuring high level of data quality through daily collection, structuring, and analyzing of cargo-level data. You will be required to follow the main events and track the specific trends occurring in the grains market and build a network of contacts in the industry. Your objective will be to monitor the Kpler platform and constantly ensure the highest level of accuracy and timeliness of our data. You will also be expected to regularly interact with our clients to help them extract as much value from our systems as possible. In addition, you will be working on various projects to develop new features or improve Kpler data quality. This will include day-to-day collaboration with teammates from various global offices and teams.
This role offers opportunity to grow responsibilities as the product matures and coverage expands into other softs/agricultural commodities.
• Daily checks of Kpler data to ensure reliability and accuracy of of global seaborne flows and others data services provided
• Draft fast-response analysis to ad-hoc requests from clients (emails, chats, video calls and in person meetings)
• Regular research and tracking of market news
• Extracting meaningful patterns and detecting trend disruption
• Perform specific analysis to continuously improve our product and data quality
• Maintaining and expanding a comprehensive dataset related to grains markets
• Regular participation in clients meeting to discuss market and data related topics
• Closely collaborate with engineering and product team to propose new sources to extract automatically and improvements to our data processing (business rules and algorithms)
You are or have...
• A graduate degree in Economics, Finance, International Trade or Engineering related fields with at
least 5 years’ experience as an analyst (or similar role) covering grains/oilseeds complex (prior
experience covering corn/wheat/soybeans/rapeseed/sorghum or barley will be highly advantageous)
• Experience working with large, disparate and/or unstructured data sets;
• An individual with a growth mindset who relishes the challenge of spearheading the development of Kpler’s
grains coverage and is willing to grow and evolve in their role, responsibilities and expertise as the product matures
• Strong capabilities in logical thinking with attention to details;
• Excellent analytical capability, at ease with working with databases, ability to highlight trends and use complex data to support decisions;
• Have advanced Excel skills and some understanding of SQL (other languages such as Python or VBA is a plus)
• An effective team player, with strong interpersonal skills, able to cope with short deadlines across different
simultaneous projects with minimal supervision;
• Ability to work and communicate in an international cross-cultural environment (English fluency required).
This role can be based in either Singapore, London or Paris.
Top reasons to join our team...
• Our global team is a mix of people from 20 different nationalities, speaking 10 different languages.
• Our growth is exponential, our product is always evolving and we have clients from various parts of the world
• We offer an attractive salary according to profile and experience.
Don’t hesitate to visit our company website: www.kpler.com to learn more about us and check us on LinkedIn.
Our People Pledge
Kpler is committed to providing a fair, inclusive and diverse work-environment. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.