Senior Software Engineer - Data/Back
Technology – Engineering /
Kpler is the leading provider of data intelligence for the commodity markets. Our software aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental and shipping databases. By connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring our clients - mostly commodities producers, oil and gas companies, trading houses, public utilities and shipping companies, financial institutions and hedge funds - unique, real-time understanding of supply and demand in the commodity markets.
The company has offices in 6 countries and 7 locations (Paris, London, Brussels, Dubai, Singapore Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
What you’ll do
We are always looking for experienced Data/Back-end Engineers to join our software engineering team in Singapore.
Some of the exciting projects you’ll get to work on include:
• Building a completely new feature involving cloud infrastructure with a direct impact on our customer base
• Building new features for our core platform including metrics & forecasting as well as scaling and stabilizing our data pipelines
As a Senior Data/Back-end Engineer, you will:
• Work across the stack to deliver new features from start-to-finish
• Improve performance and overcome scalability limits
• Own meaningful parts of our service, have an impact, grow with the company
• Actively share knowledge and document insights to support continuous team improvement and collaboration
• Act as a mentor for our junior engineers; On some projects, you may also need to act as the Tech lead
Our Tech stack includes:
• VueJs, D3js, RESTfulAPI and more on the frontend
• Python, Go, Scala, Postgresql, ElasticSearch and more on the backend
You may be a fit if...
• You have at least 4 years of experience in a similar role including significant experience in Go, Scala, Python or equivalent language
• You value code simplicity, performance and details
• You are familiar with data structures and algorithms
• You have demonstrated that you can learn and adapt quickly
• You want to work in a fast, high-growth startup environment
• You are fluent in English and have experience working in an international environment Bonus point
• You have been acting as a Tech lead or have some management experience
Why you REALLY need to join us...
• Interesting product & challenging technical problems to solve: our market is very specialized and quite complicated! This means we build real algos and there’s some serious software engineering at work here!
• Our growth is exponential: we build new features and products everyday! We frequently tackle brand new business areas which means there’s always everything to build and always an interesting problem to sink your teeth into!
• We are still small enough that you can get exposure to our entire tech architecture, be close to the business and the impact you are making and build your career trying out different things!
• We are at the cross-road of software engineering, energy and finance: This creates an interesting mix. We value the flexibility, collaboration and employee-centric approach that the Tech culture bring but we also value the pragmatism, hard-working and intellectual excellence expectation that often runs in the Finance and Energy worlds.
• You’ll get to work in a truly global work environment: With offices in 6 countries, we have more than 20 nationalities and speak more than 15 languages.
• We offer competitive compensation & benefits and are looking for feedback and opportunity to improve them everyday!