DevOps / Cloud Engineer
Technology – Product Engineering /
Kpler is the leading provider of data intelligence for the commodity markets. Our software aggregates data from hundreds of sources including radar and satellite imagery as well as logistics, governmental and shipping databases. By connecting the dots across fragmented information landscapes, we bring our clients - mostly commodities producers, oil and gas companies, trading houses, public utilities and shipping companies, financial institutions and hedge funds - unique, real-time understanding of supply and demand in the commodity markets.
The company has offices in 6 countries and 7 locations (Paris, London, Brussels, Dubai, Singapore Houston and New York). With individuals of various backgrounds, diverse skills and international experiences, being global & inclusive is in our DNA!
Kpler is looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to join our Infrastructure team. The team is in charge of our real-time platform operations and infusing Devops culture. We are looking for people who like to learn and work in teams, who know how to express their ideas, who enjoy challenges and being challenged. And finally, people who enjoy getting out of their comfort zone and want a healthy environment.
We believe in the mantra “You build it, you run it”, that’s why in addition to monitor our real time platform, your focus will be to enhance the processes and tools that help the developers to code fast, test fast and deploy continuously. As we gather more and more data, scalability of the architecture is another challenge!
- Work in tandem with the engineering team to design, build, and deploy applications, including large-scale data processing, computationally intensive statistical and ML models, and advanced analytics.
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
- Troubleshoot incidents, identify root cause and implement preventive measures.
- Be a technical referent on infrastructure / CI / CD.
- Enhance monitoring, logging and alerting systems and escalation processes
- Educate the engineering team on Devops culture.
- 3+ years of experience architecting, designing, developing cloud solutions.
- Extensive experience with open-source technology and system engineering.
- Some experience in developing software.
- Ideally with a first experience in start up or fast moving environment, managing a real-time 24/7 platform
- Skilled at working with engineers, or alone as required.
- Excellent knowledge of one or two public Cloud Providers (ideally AWS and GCP).
- Excellent knowledge of Linux.
- Programming knowledge (ideally Python or Go).
- Excellent knowledge of Kubernetes and its ecosystem.
- Good expertise in one configuration management tool (ideally Ansible and Terraform).
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, distributed networks, etc).
- CI/CD tools and practices
- Good knowledge of relational and document databases.
- Extensive experience with event-sourcing / event-store architecture with Kafka.
- Experience with geotimeseries databases.