Management Consultant - Technology
Consulting – Management Consulting /
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
KPMG's Consulting teams partner with leading domestic and international organisations to deliver tangible benefits that impact New Zealand’s prosperity. We draw on KPMG’s broad industry experience across large and small scale transformation, analytics and optimisation, process excellence, and operating model design.
- A role as a Management Consultant - Technology at KPMG will see you working with our clients to provide technology and consulting services from technology operational model design and implementation, enterprise architecture, technology procurement, technology service design, strategic planning and more.
Day to day you will:
- Be responsible for leading work streams and project teams, and providing expertise across a wide range of engagements.
- Contribute to the successful delivery of KPMG services, undertake business development such as proposal writing and contributing to the development of KPMG's services through knowledge management and methodology design
- Support the assessment or design of organisations IT operating models and strategies
- Provide clients with project services for their large transformation programmes, including requirements definition, project management support or change management capability
- Assist clients through the full supplier selection process through to procurement and contract signature
- Be comfortable working at pace with a high attention to detail across multiple projects at once
- Build the reputation of KPMG through the quality of your work, expertise and judgement as well as innovative approaches
What you'll bring to our team:
- A minimum of 4 years experience in Technology Consulting from Tier 1 consultancies
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- A demonstrable track record of building lasting client relationships, winning new business and developing existing business
- Excellent oral and written communication along with planning, project management, relationship building, networking and influencing skills;
- A positive and flexible attitude and an enthusiasm to embrace new challenges and growth opportunities to gain experience
- Strong interpersonal skills that enable you to successfully engage with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and an ability to bring people together, develop meaningful relationships, integrate services and work collaboratively with a team of experts across the wider consulting teams;
- Experience in coaching and mentoring junior team members
- A 'can-do' attitude and a strong sense of ownership to get the job done in a practical and pragmatic fashion
With current border and quarantine restrictions in place, KPMG New Zealand are unable to consider applications from candidates that do not currently have the right to live and work in New Zealand. To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, you should be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, or hold a valid work visa. Please check the New Zealand Immigration website for the most up to date information.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Life at KPMG
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
- Hybrid Working – a mix of working in the office and at home to enhance your work/life balance
- Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Access to ‘Whanau@KPMG’ – 18 weeks’ paid flexible leave for all new parents - primary and secondary carers
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees.
- Discounts on a range of lifestyle goods and services.
- Opportunity to join any of our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity networks as a participant and ally.
- Opportunity to join our Social club and enjoy activities such as cooking classes, painting, quiz nights and more.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.
A COVID-19 My Vaccine Pass is required to access KPMG premises and to attend events run by KPMG. We also work within the requirements of our clients regarding vaccinations and other guidelines, when entering client premises and attending client events. For more information on our COVID-19 Protection guidelines, please visit our website.
To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, you should be a New Zealand citizen / resident or Australian citizen / permanent resident; or alternatively you must hold a valid work visa for New Zealand. Please check the New Zealand Immigration website for the most up to date information.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.