Front End Developer
KPMG Managed Services – Managed Services /
KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network and is one of the world's leading professional services organisations. We provide audit, tax, and advisory services to private individuals, SMEs, multi-nationals, and Government agencies.
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
KPMG Managed Services is focused on deploying rapidly-evolving solutions that incorporate a combination of our expertise, data, tools and technology to deliver outcome based ongoing services for our clients – integrated into their daily operations. The team is responsible for providing and operating IP centric technology-based solutions that solve unique industry problems.
- We are looking for a Front End Developer to join our Managed Services team. They will be responsible for front-end web development, building an enriched digital presentation and reporting experience for KPMG clients.
Day to day you will:
- Have an eye for front-end / visual design who can help create interfaces that are intuitive, polished, and will scale.
- Develop functional and appealing web and mobile-based services based on usability.
- Use your knowledge of Responsive Design and its implementation across browsers and devices.
- Create quality mock-ups and prototypes on tight timelines.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Provide maintenance and enhancements.
- Be able to build relationships quickly with many different stakeholders. You are articulate and intelligent, with solid communication skills.
- Partner with team members (e.g. project manager, business subject matter experts, etc.) in the production of a finished product.
- Identify and understand the client business context, demands and opportunities.
What you'll bring to the team:
- 1+ years’ experience as a senior React developer. Ember, Angular, etc., also beneficial
- Experience with APIs in a RESTful or JSON API format, incorporating API-design, and back-end performance considerations.
- Excellent CSS / HTML skills.
- Competency in the basics; Git / pull requests / unit tests / regression tests
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and solutions.
- Experience with use of D3 would be desirable.
- Competency in project workflow tools such as Jira / Confluence.
- Proven experience project managing activities with tight deadlines and multiple stakeholders.
- A team player mentality with excellent collaboration skills and experience in dealing with stakeholders at all levels.
Life at KPMG
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
- Hybrid Working – a mix of working in the office and at home to enhance your work/life balance
- Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Access to ‘Whanau@KPMG’ – 18 weeks’ paid flexible leave for all new parents - primary and secondary carers
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees.
- Discounts on a range of lifestyle goods and services.
- Opportunity to join any of our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity networks as a participant and ally.
- Opportunity to join our Social club and enjoy activities such as cooking classes, painting, quiz nights and more.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.
A COVID-19 My Vaccine Pass is required to access KPMG premises and to attend events run by KPMG. We also work within the requirements of our clients regarding vaccinations and other guidelines, when entering client premises and attending client events. For more information on our COVID-19 Protection guidelines, please visit our website.
To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, you should be a New Zealand citizen / resident or Australian citizen / permanent resident; or alternatively you must hold a valid work visa for New Zealand. Please check the New Zealand Immigration website for the most up to date information.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.