Digital Lighthouse – Digital Lighthouse /
KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network, one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. We provide audit, tax, and advisory services to individuals, SMEs, not-for-profit organisations, multi-nationals and government agencies.
KPMG Digital Lighthouse is comprised of several specialist chapters who combine to design, deliver and operate cutting edge digital solutions on a variety of architectures, supporting our cross-sector clients to digitally transform their organisations and thrive on a global scale. We are a passionate, inclusive and supportive team who care about our clients, our people and the work we do. Join us today and accelerate your digital career with KPMG.
- As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for applying advanced analytics to large data sets, developing and applying custom models and algorithms to obtain insights and drive strategic and tactical decisions
Day to day you will:
- Use advanced analytics / statistical techniques such as predictive modelling, machine learning, clustering and natural language processing to solve challenging business questions in a novel way
- Process and transform raw data, and enrich data by integrating it with disparate data sources
- Review models and algorithms developed by your colleagues or by a client
- Work with clients and stakeholders throughout the organisation to identify opportunities to leverage data and analytics to drive business solutions
- Keep up with latest industry trends and contribute to thought leadership on trending topics that are relevant to our clients
What you'll bring to the team:
- Qualification in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Information Science, or another quantitative field and a strong problem-solving aptitude
- Experience using programming or scripting languages (e.g., Python, R, SQL, Scala etc.) and familiarity withy mainstream data science and visualisation frameworks and tools (e.g., Pandas/NumPy, Scikit-learn, Databricks, Power Bi, Tableau)
- Prior experience preparing data for analysis, building predictive models and machine learning models on large scale platforms, and helping to drive innovation in the modelling process/offerings
- Experience with Cloud Platforms (e.g., Azure, AWS, and/or Google Cloud)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to work with cross-functional teams and bridge technical and non-technical audiences
Life at KPMG
KPMG values diversity in the workforce and we encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply for roles, including individuals with a disability, additional mental health needs, chronic health conditions or who identify as neurodivergent.
If you encounter accessibility barriers or if you have access needs and require support to participate equitably in the recruitment process, please phone Georgia Davies on 04 816 4598 or email KPMGAccessibilityNetwork@kpmg.co.nz
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a holistic range of benefits to support your life balance, whatever your circumstance. We want you to do Work That Matters, Thrive and Grow and know that you Belong here with us, at KPMG.
As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
— Access to the firm's annual incentive scheme
— Opportunities for local and international secondments
— Hybrid working across a mix of office, client and home hubs to recognise that people have individual circumstances and preferences when it comes to where and how they work
— A technology starter pack to get your 'home hub' set up
— The ability to work from overseas and extend time connecting with friends and family outside New Zealand
— Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave.
— Gender-neutral support for all stages of the parental journey, including access to 18 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents
— A paid professional association membership of your choice
— Unlimited digital accreditations through our partnership with Microsoft, LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees
— A wide-range of special offers and discounts on insurances, banking services, and lifestyle goods and services.
— The support, allyship and opportunity to join our many Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Affinity networks, including the Kiwa, Pride, Ethnicity, Accessibility and Wahine groups
— The opportunity to participate in Green Team activities, as we work toward reducing the firm’s environmental footprint and become carbon zero by 2030
— An invitation to join your local Social club and enjoy events aimed at bringing people together for social, sporting, cultural, family and fundraising activities
— Paid time off for volunteering and involvement in citizenship activities
— An array of health and wellness benefits such as free flu vaccinations, subsidised sporting events, free confidential counselling services, additional 5 days of Wellbeing leave to support you and your family's overall health and wellness, access to our Wellbeing portal with an extensive range of advice and resources and much much more!
We believe that diversity of background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, clients and communities. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability. Further info can be found on our website
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.