Private Enterprise – Private Enterprise Head Office /
KPMG is focused on fuelling the prosperity of New Zealand. By prosperity we mean shared wealth and lasting wellbeing for all New Zealanders. We believe that by helping New Zealand’s enterprises succeed, the public sector to do better, and our communities to grow, our country will also succeed and prosper. This is more than a goal - it’s our reason for being.
Our KPMG Private Enterprise division helps owner operated businesses reach their goals. Our clients range from local businesses to international companies that have businesses in New Zealand. We also work with a number of clients in the not for profit sector and have a strong presence in the high net worth / family trust sector.
- We are looking for a proactive and organised Team Secretary to join our friendly and supportive team on a full-time basis
- This role provides administrative support to ensure the smooth running our Private Enterprise team, who help privately owned businesses reach their goals.
- All training in our processes and associated systems will be provided and the role is in-office
Day to day you will:
- Assist in onboarding clients and manage the related risk management processes
- Assisting with the team with billing and work in progress management
- Assisting with document management - collate reports, document preparation, presentations
- Provide support for training and events including calendar bookings and catering/facilities requests
- Travel coordination for conferences and training
- Being part of team onboarding
- General administrative duties as required
What you will bring to our team:
- Previous administration experience is advantageous
- Exceptional planning, organisational and time management skills, with the ability to effectively prioritise and multi-task
- Advanced knowledge in MS Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Be process focused and detail oriented
- Embrace technology
- Ability to quickly learn new skills and adapt in changing environments
- High level of confidentiality
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Be a willing and eager team player with a friendly, professional manner
KPMG New Zealand has a summer shutdown period from the 23rd December 2022 to the 16th January 2023 (inclusive). During this time, please expect a delay in response to any new applications. Most recruitment processes will commence interviewing in February 2023.
Life at KPMG
KPMG values diversity in the workforce and we encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply for roles, including individuals with a disability, additional mental health needs, chronic health conditions or who identify as neurodivergent.
If you encounter accessibility barriers or if you have access needs and require support to participate equitably in the recruitment process, please phone Georgia Davies on 04 816 4598 or email KPMGAccessibilityNetwork@kpmg.co.nz
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a holistic range of benefits to support your life balance, whatever your circumstance. We want you to do Work That Matters, Thrive and Grow and know that you Belong here with us, at KPMG.
As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
— Access to the firm's annual incentive scheme
— Opportunities for local and international secondments
— Hybrid working across a mix of office, client and home hubs to recognise that people have individual circumstances and preferences when it comes to where and how they work
— A technology starter pack to get your 'home hub' set up
— The ability to work from overseas and extend time connecting with friends and family outside New Zealand
— Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave.
— Gender-neutral support for all stages of the parental journey, including access to 18 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents
— A paid professional association membership of your choice
— Unlimited digital accreditations through our partnership with Microsoft, LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees
— A wide-range of special offers and discounts on insurances, banking services, and lifestyle goods and services.
— The support, allyship and opportunity to join our many Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Affinity networks, including the Kiwa, Pride, Ethnicity, Accessibility and Wahine groups
— The opportunity to participate in Green Team activities, as we work toward reducing the firm’s environmental footprint and become carbon zero by 2030
— An invitation to join your local Social club and enjoy events aimed at bringing people together for social, sporting, cultural, family and fundraising activities
— Paid time off for volunteering and involvement in citizenship activities
— An array of health and wellness benefits such as free flu vaccinations, subsidised sporting events, free confidential counselling services, additional leave to support you and your family in the recovery from COVID-19, access to our Wellbeing portal with an extensive range of advice and resources and much much more!
We believe that diversity of background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, clients and communities. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability. Further info can be found on our website
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.