Private Enterprise – Private Enterprise /
KPMG is focused on fueling the prosperity of New Zealand. By prosperity we mean shared wealth and lasting well-being for all New Zealanders. We believe that by helping New Zealand’s enterprises succeed, the public sector to do better, and our communities to grow, our country will also succeed and prosper. This is more than a goal - it’s our reason for being.
Our KPMG Enterprise division helps owner operated businesses reach their goals. Our clients range from local businesses to international companies that have businesses in New Zealand. We also work with a number of clients in the not for profit sector and have a strong presence in the high net worth / family trust sector.
- Our Enterprise team are seeking an experienced Accounting Manager who enjoys understanding the complexities of privately owned businesses, problem solving and a willingness to think through different perspectives.
- You will be accountable for high quality financial services of specialist expertise to meet client needs.
- You will contribute to the growth of the business through the identification of new business opportunities, building networks and relationships, and promoting the services of KPMG as a whole.
- You will be good at building relationships with clients and colleagues, enjoy problem solving, have strong written communication skills and have solid numerical skills.
Day to day you will:
- Love variety in your role and enjoy working with clients as you'll be leading client engagements
- Build client relationships and attend client meetings to discuss business issues and solutions
- Prepare a wide range of financial requirements of varying complexity
- Independently analyse and contribute to the resolution of complex accounting and tax issues that result in client satisfaction
- Have the willingness to undertake business development activities, an ability to identify opportunities and build on internal and external networks
- Lead and manage teams and help to grow team capabilities and drive efficiency
What you'll bring to our team:
- A CA qualification or equivalent with at least 5 years’ proven experience in a public accountancy firm or corporate financial reporting environment
- A high degree of client interaction as well as staff supervision, coaching and development
- A strong client focus and work ethic is essential as is the ability to develop sound long term relationships with KPMG management, staff and external clients
- Previous management experience and expertise
- Demonstrated high-level technical and analytical skills and knowledge over a period of time
Life at KPMG
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
- Hybrid Working – a mix of working in the office and at home to enhance your work/life balance
- Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Access to ‘Whanau@KPMG’ – 18 weeks’ paid flexible leave for all new parents - primary and secondary carers
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees.
- Discounts on a range of lifestyle goods and services.
- Opportunity to join any of our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity networks as a participant and ally.
- Opportunity to join our Social club and enjoy activities such as cooking classes, painting, quiz nights and more.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.
A COVID-19 My Vaccine Pass is required to access KPMG premises and to attend events run by KPMG. We also work within the requirements of our clients regarding vaccinations and other guidelines, when entering client premises and attending client events. For more information on our COVID-19 Protection guidelines, please visit our website.
To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, you should be a New Zealand citizen / resident or Australian citizen / permanent resident; or alternatively you must hold a valid work visa for New Zealand. Please check the New Zealand Immigration website for the most up to date information.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
KPMG New Zealand has a summer shutdown period from the 23rd December 2021 to the 13th January 2022 (inclusive). During this time, please expect a delay in response to any new applications. Most recruitment processes will commence interviewing in late January 2022.