Tax – Tax People Services /
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow.
KPMG's tax specialists combine fresh and innovative thinking to complex tax problems and issues. Our primary goal is to add value to our clients. As a global organisation, we have access to KPMG’s significant international expertise and resources, which enables us to solve any international tax issue.
KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network and is passionate about providing the best audit, tax and advisory services to clients. This role sits within the People Services Team at KPMG who provide tax, immigration and global mobility services. It is an exciting time for the People Services Team, as our immigration practice is growing day by day.
- The Immigration Consultant will work on a wide range of immigration matters with respect to corporates and individuals.
- This role will give you opportunity to work with a team whose passion is Global Mobility and Immigration.
- You'll get exposure to other parts of our business and have an opportunity to grow and develop quickly.
- You will be fully supported by other Immigration Adviser’s who have many years of experience.
Day to day you will:
- Attend client meetings to record notes and obtain instructions
- Assist with the administrative processes associated with the immigration practice
- Prepare responses to clients’ queries in an effective and timely manner
- Assist in identifying suitable visa options for clients and discuss your recommendations with our Immigration Manager
- Review documentation and prepare visa applications
- Assist with communicating with immigration authorities directly, including preparing submissions which are consistent with immigration legislation and policies
- Assist in formulating solutions to clients problems/issues
- Keeping up to date with changes in policies and legislation
- Maintain confidentiality of client and KPMG information
- Maintaining complete and accurate documentation of all correspondence for all client's visa applications
What you'll bring to our team:
- Hold a license with the New Zealand Immigration Advisers Authority (IAA) - this can be a full or provisional license
- Have at least 3 years of relevant experience as a licensed Immigration Adviser
- Have a general understanding of New Zealand immigration policies particularly the work visa policies
- Competent and literate with the following packages: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to meet deadlines
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative
Life at KPMG
KPMG values diversity in the workforce and we encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply for roles, including individuals with a disability, additional mental health needs, chronic health conditions or who identify as neurodivergent.
If you encounter accessibility barriers or if you have access needs and require support to participate equitably in the recruitment process, please phone Georgia Davies on 04 816 4598 or email KPMGAccessibilityNetwork@kpmg.co.nz
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
— An array of health and wellness benefits such as free flu jabs, subsidised sporting events, access to EAP, additional leave to support you if you are diagnosed with COVID-19, access to e-bikes and other facilities. You will also have access to our Wellbeing@KPMG portal which has an extensive array of health and wellness advice.
— Hybrid Working – a mix of working in the office and at home to enhance your work/life balance as well as access to technology to get your 'home hub' set up.
— Work from Overseas policy – extend time connecting with friends and family outside New Zealand
— Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave.
— Access to ‘Whanau@KPMG’ – 18 weeks’ paid flexible leave for all new parents - primary and secondary carers
— Unlimited access to digital accreditations through our partnership with Microsoft, LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees.
— Corporate discounts on a range of lifestyle goods and services.
— Opportunity to join any of our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity networks as a participant and ally.
— Opportunity to join our Social club and enjoy activities such as cooking classes, painting, quiz nights and more.
— Time off for volunteering.
— Eligibility to our annual discretionary bonus scheme.
— Opportunities for local and international secondments.
We believe that diversity of background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, clients and communities. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability. Further info can be found on our website
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.