Senior Advisor/Assistant Manager/Manager – Hedge Accounting
Consulting – Financial Risk Management /
KPMG people focus every day on fuelling New Zealand’s prosperity. We believe the work we do with businesses; the public sector and our communities can make a real difference to the health, wealth and well-being of New Zealanders.
KPMG’s Financial Risk Management (FRM) team offers specialist advice and assistance to New Zealand banks and corporates in understanding, managing, and reporting their exposures to financial risks. Through depth of expertise in treasury, prudential regulatory and financial instruments accounting, we help our clients anticipate and solve practical and complex issues.
- You will be key to delivering a significant part of our IFRS 9 and financial instruments accounting pipeline, working with a variety of clients including NZX listed corporates and registered banks. This role will provide you with opportunities to get involved in areas of financial risk e.g. corporate treasury, market risk etc.
Day to day you will:
- Focus on hedge accounting and financial instruments valuation for financial services and corporate clients.
- Provide specialist advice on the assessment and implementation of IAS 39 and IFRS 9, IFRS 7 and practical advice on financial instrument accounting issues in general.
- Assess the impact of emerging issues on borrowing, investment or hedging activities.
- Keep up-to-date with the market and own IBOR reform-related changes from a valuation as well as hedge accounting perspective.
- Build strong client relationships and assist with business development
- Drive client workshops and training around clients’ IFRS 9 hedge accounting practices (Assistant Manager / Manager level)
- Lead business development initiatives, both internally and with clients (Assistant Manager / Manager level)
- Expand our solution toolkit with efficient new solutions.
What you'll bring to the role:
- At least 4+ years of experience in Treasury or Hedge Accounting within a Financial Services Institution or Professional Services Firm.
- You must be a member of a relevant professional body, e.g. Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ), Certified Practising Accountants (CPA) or international equivalent.
- Technical proficiency in accounting/auditing of treasury transactions (debt/equity or derivatives), particularly around the application of IAS32, IAS 39 and IFRS 9.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills preferred.
Life at KPMG
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a holistic range of benefits to support your life balance, whatever your circumstance. We want you to do Work That Matters, Thrive and Grow and know that you Belong here with us, at KPMG.
As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
— Access to the firm's annual incentive scheme
— Opportunities for local and international secondments
— Hybrid working across a mix of office, client and home hubs to recognise that people have individual circumstances and preferences when it comes to where and how they work
— A technology starter pack to get your 'home hub' set up
— The ability to work from overseas and extend time connecting with friends and family outside New Zealand
— Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave.
— Gender-neutral support for all stages of the parental journey, including access to 18 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents
— A paid professional association membership of your choice
— Unlimited digital accreditations through our partnership with Microsoft, LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees
— A wide-range of special offers and discounts on insurances, banking services, and lifestyle goods and services.
— The support, allyship and opportunity to join our many Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Affinity networks, including the Kiwa, Pride, Ethnicity, Accessibility and Wahine groups
— The opportunity to participate in Green Team activities, as we work toward reducing the firm’s environmental footprint and become carbon zero by 2030
— An invitation to join your local Social club and enjoy events aimed at bringing people together for social, sporting, cultural, family and fundraising activities
— Paid time off for volunteering and involvement in citizenship activities
— An array of health and wellness benefits such as free flu vaccinations, subsidised sporting events, free confidential counselling services, additional leave to support you and your family in the recovery from COVID-19, access to our Wellbeing portal with an extensive range of advice and resources and much much more!
We believe that diversity of background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, clients and communities. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability. Further info can be found on our website
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.