Junior Accountant - Hamilton - April 2024 Start
Private Enterprise – DDX /
If you’re passionate about New Zealand – and helping to make it a better place – then KPMG could be the firm for you. That’s because we’ve got a bigger purpose at KPMG. We call it Fueling New Zealand’s Prosperity, and it’s what gets us out of bed every morning. It drives us to work smarter, think differently, and achieve more for the incredible clients we work with.
We need great people with us on this journey – and that includes you. We give you all the training and support you need and with us you’ll be encouraged to take on a world of opportunity, both in New Zealand and overseas.
Are you in your final year of high school or first year of Tertiary education and looking for a role to compliment your accounting studies?
We have exciting opportunities for students looking to pursue a career in accounting to join our Private Enterprise compliance team in Hamilton!
What does the role involve?
- A permanent, full time role with base office hours of 37.5 hours per week
- Flexibility to use up to 7.5 hours of unpaid study leave per week to attend your tertiary classes and paid study leave to prepare for exams and internal assessments
- Taking up to five papers per year so that students can achieve a good balance between work, study and social time. Therefore take a little longer to finish your degree
What’s in it for me?
- The aim of the programme is for our team members to complete their degrees while they work and stay on with KPMG to progress to their Chartered Accounting qualification with us
- This is real hands-on experience learning accounting in the real world, which will complement your studies
- The opportunity to advance your career at a leading international firm
- A paid position to support yourself whilst studying
What would I be doing?
- Our Private Enterprise compliance team works alongside New Zealand’s privately-owned businesses to help them meet their business goals. Your key responsibilities would include:
- Assist in the preparation of annual accounts and tax returns, initially with a focus on smaller and more straightforward clients (including tasks like data entry, spreadsheet work, drafting accounts etc)
- Prepare and pay clients’ monthly accounts
- Respond to client queries and assist the compliance team in managing client relationships
- Attend in-house/other training, build knowledge in use of professional accounting software
- Assist other team members with administrative tasks
Apply here by uploading your CV, as well as a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position.
Life at KPMG
KPMG values diversity in the workforce and we encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply for roles, including individuals with a disability, additional mental health needs, chronic health conditions or who identify as neurodivergent.
For disabled and neurodiverse candidates, if you encounter accessibility barriers or if you have access needs and require support to participate equitably in the recruitment process, please phone Georgia Yenge on 04 816 4598 or email KPMGAccessibilityNetwork@kpmg.co.nz
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a holistic range of benefits to support your life balance, whatever your circumstance. We want you to do Work That Matters, Thrive and Grow and know that you Belong here with us, at KPMG.
As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
— Access to the firm's annual incentive scheme
— Opportunities for local and international secondments
— Hybrid working across a mix of office, client and home hubs to recognise that people have individual circumstances and preferences when it comes to where and how they work
— A technology starter pack to get your 'home hub' set up
— The ability to work from overseas and extend time connecting with friends and family outside New Zealand
— Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave.
— Gender-neutral support for all stages of the parental journey, including access to 18 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents
— A paid professional association membership of your choice
— Digital accreditations through our partnership with Microsoft, LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees
— A wide-range of special offers and discounts on insurances, banking services, and lifestyle goods and services.
— The support, allyship and opportunity to join our many Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Affinity networks, including the Kiwa, Pride, Ethnicity, Accessibility and Wahine groups
— The opportunity to participate in Green Team activities, as we work toward reducing the firm’s environmental footprint and become carbon zero by 2030
— An invitation to join your local Social club and enjoy events aimed at bringing people together for social, sporting, cultural, family and fundraising activities
— Paid time off for volunteering and involvement in citizenship activities
— An array of health and wellness benefits such as free flu vaccinations, subsidised sporting events, free confidential counselling services, additional 5 days of Wellbeing leave to support you and your family's overall health and wellness, access to our Wellbeing portal with an extensive range of advice and resources and much much more!
We believe that diversity of background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, clients and communities. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability. Further info can be found on our website
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.