Assistant Manager - Private Enterprise
Private Enterprise – Private Enterprise /
KPMG is focused on fuelling the prosperity of New Zealand. By prosperity we mean shared wealth and lasting wellbeing for all New Zealanders. We believe that by helping New Zealand’s enterprises succeed, the public sector to do better, and our communities to grow, our country will also succeed and prosper. This is more than a goal - it’s our reason for being.
Our KPMG Private Enterprise division helps owner operated businesses reach their goals. Our clients range from local businesses to international companies that have businesses in New Zealand. We also work with a number of clients in the not for profit sector and have a strong presence in the high net worth / family trust sector.
- Our Private Enterprise team have an opportunity available for an experienced Accountant who have an understanding of the complexities of privately owned businesses, enjoy problem solving and have a willingness to think through different perspectives.
- These roles will involve partnering with clients, and working collaboratively with a dedicated team to deliver technically excellent work in a commercial and practical way.
Day to day you will:
- Prepare a wide range of financial requirements of varying complexity, with supporting work papers that are accurate and comply with all legal requirements
- Independently analyse and contribute to the resolution of complex accounting issues that result in client satisfaction
- Help grow the teams capabilities and drive efficiencies
- Build client relationships and attendance at client meetings as required to discuss business issues and solutions
- Have the willingness to undertake business development activities, an ability to identify opportunities and build on internal and external networks
What you'll bring to our team:
- 3+ years experience in a New Zealand Chartered Accountant environment
- Proven technical experience in a public accountancy firm or corporate financial reporting environment
- Demonstrated high-level technical and analytical skills and knowledge over a period of time
- Experience coaching and mentoring team members
- A strong client focus and work ethic is essential as is the ability to develop sound long term relationships with KPMG management, staff and external clients
- Experience working with a range of packages including; Xero, MYOB, QuickBooks, and all Microsoft packages
Life at KPMG
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
- Hybrid Working – a mix of working in the office and at home to enhance your work/life balance
- Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Access to ‘Whanau@KPMG’ – 18 weeks’ paid flexible leave for all new parents - primary and secondary carers
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees.
- Discounts on a range of lifestyle goods and services.
- Opportunity to join any of our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity networks as a participant and ally.
- Opportunity to join our Social club and enjoy activities such as cooking classes, painting, quiz nights and more.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.
A COVID-19 My Vaccine Pass is required to access KPMG premises and to attend events run by KPMG. We also work within the requirements of our clients regarding vaccinations and other guidelines, when entering client premises and attending client events. For more information on our COVID-19 Protection guidelines, please visit our website.
To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, you should be a New Zealand citizen / resident or Australian citizen / permanent resident; or alternatively you must hold a valid work visa for New Zealand. Please check the New Zealand Immigration website for the most up to date information.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
KPMG New Zealand has a summer shutdown period from the 23rd December 2021 to the 13th January 2022 (inclusive). During this time, please expect a delay in response to any new applications. Most recruitment processes will commence interviewing in late January 2022.