Private Enterprise – Private Enterprise
KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network and is one of the world's leading professional services organisations. We provide audit, tax, and advisory services to private individuals, SMEs, multi-nationals, and Government agencies.
KPMG is focused on fuelling the prosperity of New Zealand. By prosperity we mean shared wealth and lasting wellbeing for all New Zealanders. We believe that by helping New Zealand’s enterprises succeed, the public sector to do better, and our communities to grow, our country will also succeed and prosper. This is more than a goal - it’s our reason for being.
Our business advisors in Enterprise help owner operated businesses to reach their goals. With over two thousand organisations our clients range from retail businesses to national trusts, from blood stock companies to manufacturers and government departments to personal investment portfolios. Enterprise offers the following services:
· Preparation of regular financial information
· Consultancy in restructuring, financing, valuation, sales and ongoing business interests
· Future planning
· Monitoring of legislative and economic changes
· Advice on international issues
· Outsourcing and secondments of accounting staff
· Payroll and debtors management
· Tax compliance and filing of returns
- It isn’t just about the work you do, it’s about making every day count. We believe small-to-medium businesses are critical to New Zealand’s successful future. While they’ve always been the backbone of our economy, it’s KPMG’s goal to help more of our clients grow from good to great. Helping these businesses transform into the ‘next big thing’ is something that really excites us.
- Prepare financial reports, with supporting work papers that are accurate and comply with all legal requirements.
- Tax returns and tax compliance e.g., prepare GST returns, prepare FBT returns, obtain information for tax return and make claims on behalf of clients, respond to IRD queries, etc.
- Periodic accounting e.g., reconcile and analyse ledgers, prepare statements of financial performance and of financial position monthly and/or annually, prepare trial balances, prepare graphs, carry out analytical review of results, determine appropriate accounting policies and notes to accounts, etc.
- Accounting for larger companies e.g., prepare group company accounts and balance transfer of funds, consolidate accounts, etc.
- Accounting for non-company entities, such as trusts and partnerships, e.g., preparing financial statements, providing tax advice, etc.
- Respond to clients’ queries in an effective and timely manner
- Formulate or assist in identifying value-added opportunities for clients, e.g. process improvements for clients
- 3 + years' experience working within a Chartered Accounting environment
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant subjects e.g. accounting, finance, or qualified by experience
- Working towards becoming a Chartered Accountant through either CA ANZ or CPA
- Competent and literate with the following packages: Microsoft Word, Excel, and a computerised accounting system (preferably Xero and APS XPA)
- A strong client focus and work ethic is essential as is the ability to develop relationships with KPMG management, staff and external clients.
- Able to deal with multiple tasks concurrently
- Strong organisational and time management skills
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.