Internal Audit Tester
Corporate Services – Risk Management /
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
KPMG is focused on fuelling the prosperity of New Zealand. By prosperity we mean shared wealth and lasting wellbeing for all New Zealanders. We believe that by helping New Zealand’s enterprises succeed, the public sector to do better, and our communities to grow, our country will also succeed and prosper. This is more than a goal - it’s our reason for being.
- The International System of Quality Management (“SoQM”) is a new quality standard that is relevant to all professional services firms that provide audit and certain other services. As part of the implementation of this new standard, the firm is up-lifting the strength and operating effectiveness of its internal control environment, in particular to enhance audit quality. All internal controls that form part of the SoQM framework will need to be tested annually by an independent internal controls testing team that this role forms part of.
Day to day you will:
- Perform control testing, including reviewing documentation to assess the design, implementation and operation of those controls.
- Liaise directly with control operators to gather information on their controls being tested, and to clarify and agree any findings with them.
- Conclude on the testing and any related findings.
- To the extent it is consistent with the testing role, provide input to remediation of control testing findings.
- When required, assist the testing team leader with reporting or other project management tasks related to the testing programme.
- If appropriate, review the work of other team members as requested.
What you'll bring to the team:
- 3-5+ years of controls testing experience (SOX – ‘Sarbanes Oxley’ experience ideal but not necessary).
- An Internal audit and/or external audit and/or risk and compliance background.
- Experience with MS Office suite including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to persuasively and clearly articulate arguments and ideas.
- The ability to effectively and confidently interact across all job levels within the firm.
- The ability to remain objective while questioning and challenging.
- Good listening skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience working flexibly within a dynamic environment.
- Good teamwork skills, self-motivation, critical thinking and an attention to detail.
- Strong organisational/time management skills.
Life at KPMG
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
- Hybrid Working – a mix of working in the office and at home to enhance your work/life balance
- Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Access to ‘Whanau@KPMG’ – 18 weeks’ paid flexible leave for all new parents - primary and secondary carers
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees.
- Discounts on a range of lifestyle goods and services.
- Opportunity to join any of our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity networks as a participant and ally.
- Opportunity to join our Social club and enjoy activities such as cooking classes, painting, quiz nights and more.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.
A COVID-19 My Vaccine Pass is required to access KPMG premises and to attend events run by KPMG. We also work within the requirements of our clients regarding vaccinations and other guidelines, when entering client premises and attending client events. For more information on our COVID-19 Protection guidelines, please visit our website.
To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, you should be a New Zealand citizen / resident or Australian citizen / permanent resident; or alternatively you must hold a valid work visa for New Zealand. Please check the New Zealand Immigration website for the most up to date information.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.