DDX – Private Enterprise /
KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network and is passionate about providing the best audit, tax and advisory services to clients.
Join our DDX team - KPMG's Data and Delivery Excellence Centre for compliance work for our Private Enterprise division. We have unified and standardised centre for compliance work - our aim is to increase our capacity and deliver exceptional results to our clients. Our DDX team are experts in their fields, working to improve the value and impact of compliance work through standardising technology and exploring data analytics and new technology.
- We're looking for a Manager to join our Private Enterprise team in Wellington. You'll have the opportunity to utilise new technology and processes to deliver and review accurate and timely enterprise compliance services of varying levels of complexity to the business.
Day to day you will:
- Deliver high quality technical accounting and tax compliance work
- Formulate solutions to client problems and issues
- Contribute to our high performance team culture with an innovative approach to the delivery of our technical compliance work
- Manage and monitor the commercial aspects of an engagement to achieve desired levels of quality and profitability; including expected utilisation and productivity targets
- Provide coaching and mentoring to the team and identify any development or training needs
- Actively support building a high performing team culture including staff performance management
- Recognise business development opportunities and be able to build key business relationships
What you'll bring to our team:
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- CA ANZ or CPA membership or relevant overseas professional body
- Significant and varied experience as a Chartered Accountant, including Accounting, Tax and International Tax
- Demonstrated high-level technical skills and knowledge over a period of time
- You will have a strong background in building and maintaining client relationships
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of relevant financial and business information
- Competent user of MS Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint and accounting systems
- Experienced in the development and performance management of team members
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational/time management skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Professional approach to work and strong client focus
Life at KPMG
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
- Hybrid Working – a mix of working in the office and at home to enhance your work/life balance
- Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Access to ‘Whanau@KPMG’ – 18 weeks’ paid flexible leave for all new parents - primary and secondary carers
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees.
- Discounts on a range of lifestyle goods and services.
- Opportunity to join any of our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity networks as a participant and ally.
- Opportunity to join our Social club and enjoy activities such as cooking classes, painting, quiz nights and more.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.
A COVID-19 My Vaccine Pass is required to access KPMG premises and to attend events run by KPMG. We also work within the requirements of our clients regarding vaccinations and other guidelines, when entering client premises and attending client events. For more information on our COVID-19 Protection guidelines, please visit our website.
To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, you should be a New Zealand citizen / resident or Australian citizen / permanent resident; or alternatively you must hold a valid work visa for New Zealand. Please check the New Zealand Immigration website for the most up to date information.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
KPMG New Zealand has a summer shutdown period from the 23rd December 2021 to the 13th January 2022 (inclusive). During this time, please expect a delay in response to any new applications. Most recruitment processes will commence interviewing in late January 2022.