DDX – Private Enterprise /
KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network and is passionate about providing the best audit, tax and advisory services to clients.
Join our DDX team - KPMG's Data and Delivery Excellence Centre for compliance work for our Private Enterprise division. We have unified and standardised centre for compliance work - our aim is to increase our capacity and deliver exceptional results to our clients. Our DDX team are experts in their fields, working to improve the value and impact of compliance work through standardising technology and exploring data analytics and new technology.
- We're looking for a Manager to join our Private Enterprise team in Wellington. You'll have the opportunity to utilise new technology and processes to deliver and review accurate and timely enterprise compliance services of varying levels of complexity to the business.
Day to day you will:
- Deliver high quality technical accounting and tax compliance work
- Formulate solutions to client problems and issues
- Contribute to our high performance team culture with an innovative approach to the delivery of our technical compliance work
- Manage and monitor the commercial aspects of an engagement to achieve desired levels of quality and profitability; including expected utilisation and productivity targets
- Provide coaching and mentoring to the team and identify any development or training needs
- Actively support building a high performing team culture including staff performance management
- Recognise business development opportunities and be able to build key business relationships
What you'll bring to our team:
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- CA ANZ or CPA membership or relevant overseas professional body
- Significant and varied experience as a Chartered Accountant, including Accounting, Tax and International Tax
- Demonstrated high-level technical skills and knowledge over a period of time
- You will have a strong background in building and maintaining client relationships
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of relevant financial and business information
- Competent user of MS Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint and accounting systems
- Experienced in the development and performance management of team members
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational/time management skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Professional approach to work and strong client focus
KPMG New Zealand has a summer shutdown period from the 23rd December 2022 to the 16th January 2023 (inclusive). During this time, please expect a delay in response to any new applications. Most recruitment processes will commence interviewing in February 2023.
Life at KPMG
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a holistic range of benefits to support your life balance, whatever your circumstance. We want you to do Work That Matters, Thrive and Grow and know that you Belong here with us, at KPMG.
As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
— Access to the firm's annual incentive scheme
— Opportunities for local and international secondments
— Hybrid working across a mix of office, client and home hubs to recognise that people have individual circumstances and preferences when it comes to where and how they work
— A technology starter pack to get your 'home hub' set up
— The ability to work from overseas and extend time connecting with friends and family outside New Zealand
— Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave.
— Gender-neutral support for all stages of the parental journey, including access to 18 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents
— A paid professional association membership of your choice
— Unlimited digital accreditations through our partnership with Microsoft, LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees
— A wide-range of special offers and discounts on insurances, banking services, and lifestyle goods and services.
— The support, allyship and opportunity to join our many Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Affinity networks, including the Kiwa, Pride, Ethnicity, Accessibility and Wahine groups
— The opportunity to participate in Green Team activities, as we work toward reducing the firm’s environmental footprint and become carbon zero by 2030
— An invitation to join your local Social club and enjoy events aimed at bringing people together for social, sporting, cultural, family and fundraising activities
— Paid time off for volunteering and involvement in citizenship activities
— An array of health and wellness benefits such as free flu vaccinations, subsidised sporting events, free confidential counselling services, additional leave to support you and your family in the recovery from COVID-19, access to our Wellbeing portal with an extensive range of advice and resources and much much more!
We believe that diversity of background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, clients and communities. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability. Further info can be found on our website
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.