Manager - M&A
Advisory – Deal Advisory /
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow.
KPMG’s Deal Advisory team support clients with high-value strategic and financial decisions, typically in the context of M&A or large-scale capital investment. We bring financial analysis, commercial acumen and market insights to deliver sound investments and fuel New Zealand’s prosperity.
We are a multidisciplinary team that is proud of its collaborative and supportive culture. We encourage our team members to work across a range of projects / Deal Advisory streams as workflows require and learn new skills that provide the foundation of a successful career. With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there is no limit to the impact you can make.
- KPMG has a longstanding presence in the New Zealand market as a trusted M&A advisor. Having sustained a step change in our business over the past several years, we are wishing to hire an additional senior analyst / manager into the team. Globally, KPMG are consistently ranked as #1 or #2 mid-market M&A advisor and therefore the strength of our network has been instrumental in securing high quality mandates (often involving members from other international offices).
- For further information on the KPMG M&A team see the following link https://home.kpmg/nz/en/home/services/advisory/deal-advisory/mergers-acquisitions.html
Day to day you will:
- Collaborate with team members on key M&A deliverables (e.g. Information Memorandum drafting, management presentation drafting, valuation papers, financial modelling, preparation of pitch materials)
- Support the team with overall M&A process management
- Conduct buyer and industry research
- Prepare valuation analysis, including transaction and trading comparables, cashflow and LBO modelling
- Work with team members on buy-side roles
- Have significant client interaction (founders, management and private equity) and involvement encouraged from day 1
What you will bring to our team:
- 5+ years of corporate finance / investment banking / advisory experience
- Postgraduate studies / CFA / CA or equivalent well received
- A rounded background and non-academic achievement of interest
- Strong financial modelling and excel skills
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills, with a commitment to professional and client service excellence
- A proactive working style and being a self-starter with the ability to deliver to deadlines
- A genuine interest in M&A transactions
- A collaborative approach with colleagues and pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- The ability to develop a trusted and respected working relationship with clients
Life at KPMG
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
— Hybrid Working – a mix of working in the office and at home to enhance your work/life balance
— Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave
— Access to ‘Whanau@KPMG’ – 18 weeks’ paid flexible leave for all new parents - primary and secondary carers
— Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees.
— Discounts on a range of lifestyle goods and services.
— Opportunity to join any of our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity networks as a participant and ally.
— Opportunity to join our Social club and enjoy activities such as cooking classes, painting, quiz nights and more.
We believe that diversity of background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, clients and communities. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability. Further info can be found on our website.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.