Manager - Technology Risk
Audit – Technology Risk /
Permanent Full-Time or Part-Time
KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network and is one of the world's leading professional services organisations. We provide audit, tax, and advisory services to private individuals, SMEs, multi-nationals, and Government agencies.
The Technology Risk team supplies IT security and risk management services to our clients across New Zealand. Our advisors combine their extensive knowledge with experience of a wide variety of businesses and sectors to provide clients with a service which adds recognised value.
- We have a number of opportunities available in our Technology Risk team, on a full time or part time basis.
- As a Manager, you will have operational responsibility for the successful delivery of engagements, and management of staff and client relationships.
- Managing the assessment of client’s IT risks within our audit framework
- Delivery of IT audit projects considering key governance, risk and compliance matters across a variety of IT platforms such as:
- Evaluating the GITCs (General IT Controls) supporting KPMG’s financial audit processes
- Identifying controls within clients business processes and ensuring the effective operation of these to mitigate business risks
- Providing IT assurance services
- Simultaneously manage work on multiple client engagements of varying size, scope and complexity
- Take an active role in the on-going development of our people, coaching junior team members
- Contribute to the growth of the business through identification of new business opportunities
- Your strong interpersonal skills will enable you to successfully engage with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and an ability to bring people together, develop meaningful relationships, integrate services and work collaboratively with a team of experts across our divisions
- We’re keen to hear from people who have at least 5 years experience in IT Audit & Assurance or Internal Audit or Risk & Compliance
- You'll have a relevant tertiary qualification and relevant professional qualifications e.g. CISA, CISM, CISSP
- Be able to develop excellent client and internal relationships at all levels
- You'll have knowledge and direct experience applying security concepts, tools, techniques and methodologies
- Be driven and enthusiastic with a 'can-do' attitude and a strong sense of ownership to get the job done in a practical and pragmatic fashion
- You demonstrate commercial awareness and the ability to identify and seize opportunities to enhance revenue
With current border and quarantine restrictions in place, KPMG New Zealand are unable to consider applications from candidates that do not currently have the right to live and work in New Zealand. To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, you should be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, or hold a valid work visa. Please check the New Zealand Immigration website for the most up to date information.
We are a 2020 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.