Audit – Audit /
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
The Audit division of KPMG is a significant supplier of audit services to clients and audits many of New Zealand’s top companies, financial institutions and leading privately held entities. Our auditors combine extensive knowledge of a wide variety of businesses and sectors and a fresh approach to their work which includes an enhanced audit methodology that complies with International Auditing Standards.
- We have a number of roles available at Grade 2, Audit Senior or Assistant Manager level across our Auckland Audit teams - Financial Services and Corporates and Enterprise.
- Some of these roles overlap with KPMG IMPACT, a team that helps governments, businesses, and investors develop new ways of working that fulfil their purpose and contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) so that all of New Zealand’s diverse communities can thrive and prosper.
Day to day you will:
- Depending upon the client, this role may have complete management responsibility reporting directly to the partner, or you will assist more senior managers in the performance of audit assignments as an in-charge. The work may involve complex technical issues e.g., statutory audits, internal audits, investigation and acquisition reports of an audit nature, limited reviews, proposals and special reports, and other accounting services.
- This role will also:
- Assist in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for Manager or Partner review
- Produce work for the Manager or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified
- Identify and communicate potential issues and opportunities for ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) efficiencies and process improvement to Managers and Partners
- Management of client deliverables, including attendance at meetings
- Undertake strategic analysis
- Identify business and audit risks
- Assess effectiveness of client processes and controls
- Perform higher risk and non-routine audit functions
- Day to day management of junior team members
What you'll bring to our team:
- Relevant external audit experience in a professional services environment (mid tier or Big 4)
- Tertiary qualifications including CA or CPA qualification (partial or full completion)
- The ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships with clients
- Technically proficient across audit and audit related services
- Experience in the supervision of more junior staff
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A collaborative and inclusive team approach
Life at KPMG
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
- Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Access to ‘Whanau@KPMG’ – 18 weeks’ paid flexible leave for all new parents - primary and secondary carers
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees.
- Discounts on a range of lifestyle goods and services.
- Opportunity to join any of our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity networks as a participant and ally.
- Opportunity to join our Social club and enjoy activities such as cooking classes, painting, quiz nights and more.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.
To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, you should be a New Zealand citizen / resident or Australian citizen / permanent resident; or alternatively you must hold a valid work visa for New Zealand. Please check the New Zealand Immigration website for the most up to date information.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.