Management Consultant - Technology
Consulting – Management Consulting /
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
KPMG Technology Consulting powers some of New Zealand’s most iconic businesses, leveraging deep technical knowledge and experience combined with strong customer focus and our purpose to fuel New Zealand’s prosperity.
- We have an opportunity available for a Manager in our Technology Consulting practice. This role at KPMG will see you working with our clients and senior leaders to provide technology and consulting services across one or more of our core service offerings:
- Technology strategy, operating model design and implementation – helping clients understand and transform to leverage technology to deliver their strategic outcomes.
- Technology procurement – guiding clients through requirements development, market scans, procurement and business case development.
- Project assurance and review – providing independent assurance to boards, PMOs and senior leaders over technology project and portfolio delivery.
- Technology Enablement (ServiceNow) – leveraging the ServiceNow platform to enable our client’s digital transformation in IT, HR, Customer Service and beyond.
- Cloud Adoption & Transformation – unlocking the opportunities that Cloud technology provides to enable and accelerate our client’s success.
- IT Due Diligence, Separation & Integration – providing insightful and robust analysis of technology environments, teams and projects to support our clients through buying, selling, integrating or separating a business.
- This role is a true growth opportunity to prove your technical capability and your ability to engage with clients, build and lead delivery teams and ensure quality deliverables within time and budget constraints.
- We currently have demand in the Technology Enablement (ServiceNow) space but are open to candidates with skills and experience across our other service offerings.
Day to day you will:
- Lead teams to deliver one or more of our core service offerings.
- Provide guidance to more junior team members – both technical and non-technical.
- Apply your existing technical skills and experience to new challenges and experiences.
- Conduct research and leverage global tools, frameworks and resources to deliver customer outcomes.
- Take a hands-on approach to developing project artefacts, running workshops or conducting interviews.
- Write reports and prepare client presentations of a high quality, providing insights with a customer focus.
- Work with customers to understand, refine and document requirements – both as functional/non-functional and as user stories.
- Manage delivery of technology projects/implementations, working with a mixture of onshore and offshore resources using both waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Manage delivery of project budget, scope and timing.
- Identify and manage implementation risks and issues as well as resolve conflict and address challenges in an implementation context.
- Build the reputation of KPMG through the quality of your work, expertise and judgement as well as innovative approaches.
- Be comfortable working at pace with a high attention to detail across multiple projects at once.
What you'll bring to our team:
- At least 5 years' experience in a technology focused role across one or more of our service offerings gained in a consulting role
- Previous delivery management experience gained in an implementation or consulting role.
- Experience in facilitation and running workshops and interviews.
- A relevant tertiary qualification – in a technology or business field
- Experience developing and costing projects and implementation approaches.
- Commercial awareness and the ability to identify and seize opportunities to enhance revenue.
- A demonstrable track record of building lasting client relationships, winning new business and developing existing business.
- A positive and flexible attitude and an enthusiasm to embrace new challenges and growth opportunities to gain experience.
- Relevant Technology certifications (e.g. Microsoft, ServiceNow) (preferred)
Life at KPMG
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
- Hybrid Working – a mix of working in the office and at home to enhance your work/life balance
- Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Access to ‘Whanau@KPMG’ – 18 weeks’ paid flexible leave for all new parents - primary and secondary carers
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees.
- Discounts on a range of lifestyle goods and services.
- Opportunity to join any of our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity networks as a participant and ally.
- Opportunity to join our Social club and enjoy activities such as cooking classes, painting, quiz nights and more.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.
A COVID-19 My Vaccine Pass is required to access KPMG premises and to attend events run by KPMG. We also work within the requirements of our clients regarding vaccinations and other guidelines, when entering client premises and attending client events. For more information on our COVID-19 Protection guidelines, please visit our website.
To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, you should be a New Zealand citizen / resident or Australian citizen / permanent resident; or alternatively you must hold a valid work visa for New Zealand. Please check the New Zealand Immigration website for the most up to date information.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.