Manager/Senior Manager - Risk & Remediation
Consulting – Financial Risk Management /
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and develop, KPMG is a trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
This role will work closely with members of our Risk Consulting team - who supply advisory and consulting services across New Zealand. Our advisors combine extensive knowledge of a wide variety of businesses and sectors to provide clients with a service which adds recognised value. Our service offering and client portfolio provides an exciting and challenging environment.
- We’re looking for an awesome person to join our Risk Consulting team. Remediation is an ongoing activity for many financial institutions with product mis-selling, service failures, systems outages or legacy system errors. However, many of our clients lack the staff with the experience and skills to deliver these remediations effectively.
- Customer-centric remediation is about far more than compensating customers: it’s also an opportunity to rebuild trust and create better customer relationships. KPMG is delivering solutions, helping clients navigate complexities and make a difference to their customers.
- You will also have the opportunity to broaden your expertise through a range of interesting projects across the financial sector, outside of remediation work, including across our Advisory team.
We’re looking for candidates who are excited by remediation work and the challenges that it brings, and to bring this problem-solving capability to our clients. You may come from a legal, data and analytics, financial services, product or process background, and if you have been working in remediation, or if working in remediation sounds exciting, we want to hear from you.
Day to day you will:
- Depending on your experience and skills across legal and regulatory projects, quantitative analysis and process and controls work, your day-to-day activity could include:
- Bringing practical, best practice approaches to remediation, including mapping out of requirements for a successful remediation, setting remediation principles or advising Executive teams on balancing customer and commercial outcomes.
- Having the opportunity to play a key role in client projects supporting clients to remedy issues. This might include running workshops, reviewing documents, developing datasets, overseeing staff and developing written reports of our findings and recommendations.
- Using logic, and your understanding of legal or compliance requirements and good customer outcomes, to assist or advise clients on whether an issue requires remediation, and the best approach or strategy to delivering it, including root cause analysis and fixes.
- Using data sourcing and analytical techniques to identify impacted customers and to determine appropriate treatment strategies, including sourcing the data required to quantify remediation impacts and to build case files.
What you'll bring to our team:
- Experience in the financial services sector, ideally with some past experience of working on a remediation programme or remediation related problems, whether that be root cause analysis, problem identification, population identification, communication, or control enhancements, and from a legal, process/product or regulatory perspective.
- You’ll be a class-leading problem solver, understanding with the variety of skills and activities that a remediation team delivers, and comfortable working through the ambiguity of a remediation solution for a particular client problem, balancing conduct and commercial outcomes.
- A good understanding of the key issues impacting remediation delivery including impact on customer outcomes, or the complexity of delivery for clients in the Financial Services sector.
Life at KPMG
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a holistic range of benefits to support your life balance, whatever your circumstance. We want you to do Work That Matters, Thrive and Grow and know that you Belong here with us, at KPMG.
As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
— Access to the firm's annual incentive scheme
— Opportunities for local and international secondments
— Hybrid working across a mix of office, client and home hubs to recognise that people have individual circumstances and preferences when it comes to where and how they work
— A technology starter pack to get your 'home hub' set up
— The ability to work from overseas and extend time connecting with friends and family outside New Zealand
— Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave.
— Gender-neutral support for all stages of the parental journey, including access to 18 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents
— A paid professional association membership of your choice
— Unlimited digital accreditations through our partnership with Microsoft, LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees
— A wide-range of special offers and discounts on insurances, banking services, and lifestyle goods and services.
— The support, allyship and opportunity to join our many Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Affinity networks, including the Kiwa, Pride, Ethnicity, Accessibility and Wahine groups
— The opportunity to participate in Green Team activities, as we work toward reducing the firm’s environmental footprint and become carbon zero by 2030
— An invitation to join your local Social club and enjoy events aimed at bringing people together for social, sporting, cultural, family and fundraising activities
— Paid time off for volunteering and involvement in citizenship activities
— An array of health and wellness benefits such as free flu vaccinations, subsidised sporting events, free confidential counselling services, additional leave to support you and your family in the recovery from COVID-19, access to our Wellbeing portal with an extensive range of advice and resources and much much more!
We believe that diversity of background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, clients and communities. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability. Further info can be found on our website
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.