Associate Director - Regulatory Compliance
Consulting – Financial Risk Management /
KPMG New Zealand is part of the international KPMG network and is passionate about providing the best possible advisory services to clients.
KPMG’s Risk consulting team offers specialist advice and assistance across a wide range of industries. This team is looking for an amazing individual to join their team predominantly providing services to New Zealand’s banks, insurers and wealth industries. In understanding, managing, and reporting their exposures to financial and regulatory risks.
- We are looking for an Associate Director to work with the Advisory leadership to help develop and implement the strategic goals of the division including a lead role in building the practice and operational responsibility for the successful delivery of engagements, and staff and client relationships.
- This role will have specific responsibility for assessment of Operational Resilience, Third Party Risk, and Compliance with Prudential Regulations such as BS11 Outsourcing within the Financial Risk Management Team.
- You will enjoy interacting with clients, processing large amounts of information, and then forming a view on the appropriateness or otherwise of what you have seen, referencing past experiences and best practice. You may have a background in operational risk, outsourcing or prudential regulation and compliance and will have significant experience in banking and financial services.
Day to day you will:
- Execute the management of an Independent review over banks compliance with BS11;
- Responsibility for promoting and delivering projects cohesively across service line; including working cohesively with other teams to meet client needs
- Manage engagements that are complex in nature with multi-disciplinary elements
- Develop and monitor project plans, plan overall work requirements of an engagement, develop terms of reference for clients that outline objectives and key risks
- Coach and mentor more junior staff to execute work programmes
- Build subject matter expertise with the FRM practice around operational resilience and related matters such as third party risk assessments or compliance with BS11 Outsourcing programmes or other prudential
- Coordinate and direct assignments in a manner that meets client timelines, budget and outcome requirements
- Engage with senior stakeholders at the banks across prudential risk programmes
- Prepare reports for executives and Boards that summarise the issues identified
- Lead the development of technology, products and methodologies in chosen practice area
- Manage a broad range of people (at different levels), from across service lines outside of their technical area of expertise
What you'll bring to the team:
- 7+ years of relevant highly developed and applied advisory experience
- 5 years + staff leadership experience
- Experience with programme delivery or 2nd line Risk would be advantageous
- Strong project execution skills, including leading day-to-day execution, team management, managing engagements, risks and timelines
- Strategic influencing skills to effectively persuade and influence peers and senior management
- A desire to learn new things, and have fun
Life at KPMG
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstance. As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
- Hybrid Working – a mix of working in the office and at home to enhance your work/life balance
- Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave
- Access to ‘Whanau@KPMG’ – 18 weeks’ paid flexible leave for all new parents - primary and secondary carers
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees.
- Discounts on a range of lifestyle goods and services.
- Opportunity to join any of our Inclusion, Diversity and Equity networks as a participant and ally.
- Opportunity to join our Social club and enjoy activities such as cooking classes, painting, quiz nights and more.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.
A COVID-19 My Vaccine Pass is required to access KPMG premises and to attend events run by KPMG. We also work within the requirements of our clients regarding vaccinations and other guidelines, when entering client premises and attending client events. For more information on our COVID-19 Protection guidelines, please visit our website.
To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, you should be a New Zealand citizen / resident or Australian citizen / permanent resident; or alternatively you must hold a valid work visa for New Zealand. Please check the New Zealand Immigration website for the most up to date information.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
KPMG New Zealand has a summer shutdown period from the 23rd December 2021 to the 13th January 2022 (inclusive). During this time, please expect a delay in response to any new applications. Most recruitment processes will commence interviewing in late January 2022.