Senior Manager - Technology Consulting
Consulting – Management Consulting /
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
KPMG's Consulting business partners with clients to help them address complex business problems to ensure sustainable business outcomes; from distilling 'big data' to reveal valuable insights, to improving operational performance, optimising risk, restructuring an operation or seizing a new business opportunity.
- KPMG Technology Consulting powers some of New Zealand’s most iconic businesses through leveraging our expertise across a number of platforms including ServiceNow, SAP and Oracle we develop strategies and solutions to help CEOs deliver their business strategy.
- We have a senior leadership role focused on shaping and building the team, whilst contributing to growth through identification and acquisition of new business, building networks and relationships, and promoting the services of KPMG as a whole. A large focus of this role is successful business development with the delivery of engagements a secondary focus.
Day to day you will:
- Ensure we deliver technically excellent work, insights on leading edge market practice and bring a deep understanding across a range of technology services
- Develop and monitor project plans, plan overall work requirements of an engagement, develop terms of reference for clients that outline objectives and key risks
- Use your excellent client service mind-set and business development skills to add value and build long term relationships with clients, identifying opportunities and pursuing them, developing thought leadership, leading client proposals and developing team capabilities;
- Work with the leadership team to develop and operationalise divisional and service line strategy
- Build the reputation of KPMG through the quality of your work, expertise and judgement as well as innovative approaches
- Be comfortable working at pace with a high attention to detail across multiple projects at once
To be successful in this role, you'll have
- At least 10 years’ experience in Technology Consulting ideally gained in Tier 1 Consultancies
- A track record of driving change and delivery in a technology environment
- An in-depth understanding of technologies and software solutions and how these can be applied to deliver value to clients
- A demonstrable track record of building lasting client relationships, winning new business and developing existing business - you'll be able to tap into your network across corporate and public sector clients in Auckland
- Experience managing a broad range of people at different levels, from across service lines both inside and outside of your area of technical expertise
- Strong interpersonal skills will enable you to successfully engage with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and an ability to bring people together, develop meaningful relationships, integrate services and work collaboratively with a team of experts across the wider consulting teams
- A commercial awareness and the ability to identify and seize opportunities to enhance revenue;
- A positive and flexible attitude and an enthusiasm to embrace new challenges and growth opportunities to gain experience
With current border and quarantine restrictions in place, KPMG New Zealand are unable to consider applications from candidates that do not currently have the right to live and work in New Zealand. To be legally entitled to work in New Zealand, you should be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, or hold a valid work visa. Please check the New Zealand Immigration website for the most up to date information.
We are a 2020 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We strive to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people nationwide.