Consulting – Auckland Consulting /
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
KPMG's Advisory business partners with clients to help them address complex business problems to ensure sustainable business outcomes; from distilling 'big data' to reveal valuable insights, to improving operational performance, optimising risk, restructuring an operation or seizing a new business opportunity.
- We're looking for Business Analysts to partner with a number of our clients to provide fit for purpose solutions on a contract basis.
- You'll understand their most important value drivers and work with them to help achieve tangible and lasting improvement in performance.
Day to day you will:
- Develop and manage relationships with senior business stakeholders, across a range of clients. These might be full time for a period of time or part time based on the requirements of the project.
- Advise clients on methods to capture requirements and business processes
- Facilitate requirements workshops and document outcomes effectively
- Collect requirements/user story collation to critically evaluate current state and business process definition applied for future state design.
- Create and maintain key project documentation including; business cases, functional specifications, RFPs, project vision/initiation documents
- Assess the risks of various solutions and prioritises competing business demands
- Ensure that activities are carried out in accordance with established specifications, schedules, and budgets; meet with key team members on a regular basis to review progress
What you'll bring to our team:
- Experience of working as a Business Analyst in different delivery models such as Agile/ Scrum / Waterfall – open to a range of industry experience
- Hands-on practical knowledge of workflow tools, process mapping, developing functional specification documents
- Proven background engaging with Senior and Operational Stakeholders in a professional environment
- Strong communications skills and demonstrable experience of managing senior stakeholders as part of a project delivery
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change requirements in a fast paced environment
- Strong influencing skills, attention to detail and negotiation skills required to ensure fit for purpose solutions
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Previous experience coaching and mentoring junior team members
Life at KPMG
KPMG values diversity in the workforce and we encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply for roles, including individuals with a disability, additional mental health needs, chronic health conditions or who identify as neurodivergent.
For disabled and neurodiverse candidates, if you encounter accessibility barriers or if you have access needs and require support to participate equitably in the recruitment process, please phone Georgia Yenge on 04 816 4598 or email KPMGAccessibilityNetwork@kpmg.co.nz
We offer rewarding careers to talented individuals and a holistic range of benefits to support your life balance, whatever your circumstance. We want you to do Work That Matters, Thrive and Grow and know that you Belong here with us, at KPMG.
As a KPMG employee, we will offer you:
— Access to the firm's annual incentive scheme
— Opportunities for local and international secondments
— Hybrid working across a mix of office, client and home hubs to recognise that people have individual circumstances and preferences when it comes to where and how they work
— A technology starter pack to get your 'home hub' set up
— The ability to work from overseas and extend time connecting with friends and family outside New Zealand
— Flexible leave options, including the ability to purchase additional annual leave.
— Gender-neutral support for all stages of the parental journey, including access to 18 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents
— A paid professional association membership of your choice
— Digital accreditations through our partnership with Microsoft, LinkedIn Learning, with bespoke learning pathways for all employees
— A wide-range of special offers and discounts on insurances, banking services, and lifestyle goods and services.
— The support, allyship and opportunity to join our many Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Affinity networks, including the Kiwa, Pride, Ethnicity, Accessibility and Wahine groups
— The opportunity to participate in Green Team activities, as we work toward reducing the firm’s environmental footprint and become carbon zero by 2030
— An invitation to join your local Social club and enjoy events aimed at bringing people together for social, sporting, cultural, family and fundraising activities
— Paid time off for volunteering and involvement in citizenship activities
— An array of health and wellness benefits such as free flu vaccinations, subsidised sporting events, free confidential counselling services, additional 5 days of Wellbeing leave to support you and your family's overall health and wellness, access to our Wellbeing portal with an extensive range of advice and resources and much much more!
We believe that diversity of background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, clients and communities. Our goal is to be recognised as an employer of choice for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability. Further info can be found on our website
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.